Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in a bit of a haze the past 2 days, but I actuall got to sleep before 1 am last night. It could be jsut general fatigue, but it may also be my no-coffee-for-the-week policy kicking in...

Didn't someone here just quit/cut back last week?

I'm not caffeine free though... I have to have some soda post-lunch or its lights-out for me.

I was drinking 3-4 (small) cups a day...

·
Registered
719 Posts
I drink about 1 medium DD cup a day. Only reason why I do it, becuase I drive for a living and need to stay away, or its bye bye customer. So I dont think 1 cup is bad and I shoulnt cut back.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
papercliprebel said:
i tried not drinking coffee or soda for a while. it lasted a week. i became violent.
Exactly...my powers over you are too strong..you must forever be linked with the dark side! Muahahahaha

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was fine yesterday but have a bad headache right now :bitching:

·
Registered
719 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
i was fine yesterday but have a bad headache right now :bitching:
You should try those nerd power drinks. They have a shit load of caffene, probally more healthy then coffee.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what??!?!? :roll:
the whole point of cutting back was that I needed to cut out caffeine... are you jsut playing here or are you terminally dumb?

·
Registered
719 Posts
PMD911 said:
Did you just admit that you are a nerd?
Yes I did and proud of it.

s0yb0mb said:
the whole point of cutting back was that I needed to cut out caffeine... are you jsut playing here or are you terminally dumb?
i just suggested it. suit yourself

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
s0yb0mb said:

I vote for number 2, but that's just me.

As you were.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Soy, you can do it man, don't give up ! :pissed:

I gave up drinking pop in the morning a few years ago and switched over to water. It was a good thing I did because I felt better, lost weight, and I had A LOT less heart burn.

Now I'm only down to one or two cans of pop a day. I can stay wide awake with no problem either.

I was able to convince my older sister to do quit drinking coffee too. It was hard because she is the on-the-go executive type who only has time for coffee. She is a lot less edgy and stressed out because she cut back on the caffine.

So keep at it and the reward will be great, good luck dude. :chill:

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Costa Rica by the way has the best coffee in the world. They introduced it to Colombia. Sure beats anything they got here.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
If the cold turkey thing is killing you, you can do a cup of half caf, half decaf. I think drinking coffee is much better for you than drinking soda though.

Or pick something with less caffeine from this list
http://www.cspinet.org/new/cafchart.htm

The interesting thing to me is that diet coke has more caffeine than regular coke.

and....

1/2 cup coffee = 1 coke.

[/url]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Drink Redbull..it has magical powers...it protects you from getting kicked in the nuts. Check out sophiesleeps snowboarding pictures

·
Registered
3,741 Posts

·
11,062 Posts
Quitting coffee is simply not done...up here in Seattle. Of course, being half Scandinavian, I can't survive without it. I've been imbibing since I was four years old. 8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
16 Participants
TexIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing