Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking about getting an intake and i'm looking for a quieter intake with good gains. i've done a searcha and so far it seems that PLP makes the best quiet intake with powergains. Any complaints with it? are there other intakes similar to this one that are quiet and give good gains? Also i remember reading something like the PLP was like the new lextasy intake and that it didn't filter enough and that it spread tiny bits of oil and grime throughout the engine bay. i'm not sure but thats what i rember hearing. thanks a lot for the advice guys.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
PLP is a good pipe. But their filter isnt the best in my opinion. I would go with a TRD filter. Those two items together will be nice. Ive had it before. Just a little sound increase if any and some decent gains.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have the PLP, The pipe makes a better gain while it won't loose any low end power like open element intakes (AEM etc...) It dosent reall make any noise you can tell only bit more agressive at the pedal...you can really feel it at 2nd and 3rd and 4th gear, nothing I can tell at 1st and 5th...as for the filter it does filter less than the TRD but off course gain does make sacrifises the more air you get through the more hp you gain and therefore more dust gets through, thats why toms has the best hp gain, it filters nothing other than bees...expect a 10+ rwhp with toms filter, 7.8 for PLP filter and for the best of your engine keep the filter stock ;), BTW get the JoeZ same thing but 1/2 the price...:D

Matt :D

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
frylai said:
I have the PLP, The pipe makes a better gain while it won't loose any low end power like open element intakes (AEM etc...) It dosent reall make any noise you can tell only bit more agressive at the pedal...you can really feel it at 2nd and 3rd and 4th gear, nothing I can tell at 1st and 5th...as for the filter it does filter less than the TRD but off course gain does make sacrifises the more air you get through the more hp you gain and therefore more dust gets through, thats why toms has the best hp gain, it filters nothing other than bees...expect a 10+ rwhp with toms filter, 7.8 for PLP filter and for the best of your engine keep the filter stock ;), BTW get the JoeZ same thing but 1/2 the price...:D

Matt :D
remember, the TOMs gave something like 5rwhp on a dyno, and the TRD gave 8rwhp on a dyno as well.
I just dont like the PLP foam filter , and honestly i think more people are satisfied with the TRD over the PLP filters.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
OZIS200 said:
You get the joez from joez, a member on these boards
He may no longer make them, so u will have to get one second hand
Cost was about $100 i think
I sent an email to Joe about 2 weeks ago, he doesn't make them himself. He is mass producing them now and should have a batch for sale by the end of the month.....anyone have his personal email and want to ask him about it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.