Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey are there any exhausts out there with better than stock flow, that are close to stock as far as sound goes. My last car was pretty loud with the exhaust I had, but I just want this one to be quiet and smooth. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
L-tuned is one of the quietest out there IMO (a little drone but you won't notice it in your car at all unless you have the radio off and the windows down then you can barely hear a slight drone, at WOT it comes to life but not loud at all) but carries a hefty price tag about $600 new

L-sportline (a little louder than the l-tuned) there was a thread where a member posted a sound clip too lazy to search but it was posted in the inside/outside forums or go fast) about $350-400 new

I think the Apex is also pretty quiet but not sure price is about $300

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
alredxiii said:
rllis300 said:
Blitz for the money
Agreed, most people sell the Blitz cause its too quite :eek: Thats amazing, but if you want loud and power get a Hiper :D
Blitz is still louder than stock though.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Everything is louder than stock! Best thing to do is probably get together with a .net member who might have these exhausts and see how then sound in person before you make a decision.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
irv_usc said:
DL said:
the Apex'i N1 catback is definitely not quiet. Dunno which one you're talking about though
yea, the apexi n1 cat back is not quiet at all..
i mean, we are talking race car sound here.. i believe its a shade under the hiper as far a noise..
the apexi n1 comes with two parts.. a b pipe and the exhaust section (and a silencer which no one uses.. hehe)

with both sections on., its sounds hella awesome.. great sound.. nice and deep... and at WOT, its MEAN!.. 8)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
irv_usc said:
DL said:
the Apex'i N1 catback is definitely not quiet. Dunno which one you're talking about though
yea, the apexi n1 cat back is not quiet at all..
i mean, we are talking race car sound here.. i believe its a shade under the hiper as far a noise..
the apexi n1 comes with two parts.. a b pipe and the exhaust section (and a silencer which no one uses.. hehe)

with both sections on., its sounds hella awesome.. great sound.. nice and deep... and at WOT, its MEAN!.. 8)
My bad, that's why I said I think, couldn't remember if it was the Apex or Blitz sorry! :oops:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just installed the L-tuned today, it's quiet. Like most people said under 3k rpm you won't even notice it. It sounds deeper than stock thats about it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
kyo said:
Just installed the L-tuned today, it's quiet. Like most people said under 3k rpm you won't even notice it. It sounds deeper than stock thats about it.
Can you hear it with the windows rolled down?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
<AbsolutLex>

Go witth the L-Tuned.
Quiet + Deep & Throaty @ WOT.
It fits into the current area designated for the can and will not scrape (I have a 2" drop). It does not exit at an angle and looks like it was designed to fit the car. Imagine that :lol:

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
<AbsolutLex>

Go witth the L-Tuned.
Quiet + Deep & Throaty @ WOT.
It fits into the current area designated for the can and will not scrape (I have a 2" drop). It does not exit at an angle and looks like it was designed to fit the car. Imagine that :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts