Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was trying to search around for a quiet blow off valve on my.is ... anyone have any recommendations? Don't want to go for the ones that sound like a chick's high pitch sneeze.

Plus when I go around with my friend I don't want them to think I am any more Asian than I already am...

looking into the tial bov (don't have the model just saw it on youtube) and xs power type-H any one recommend something else?

ps. if this has already been discussed please just lock it and slap me...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
If you want quiet go Vortech..easy..
-Matt

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LMAO quote of the day. bov=sex bro lol... greddy type rs sounds very nice... i believe its in the soft-medium range imo...
Well I dont know about bov=sex, my friend... it I already get criticized alot for having an an Asian car but what ever... the cayenne is a gas guzzler so i stick to the IS.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I already get criticized alot for having an an Asian car but what ever....
really? i dont think an is300 is what i would call "completly asian" your friends are just jealous. lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
lol whatevs.. im asian i dont fit the "smart" sterotype so i rock out a in my ricer :cool:
lol i'm full asian and i'm not smart PERIOD. i dropped out of college b/c i had no cute girls in my class. but got lucky and landed a really good job.

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol i'm full asian and i'm not smart PERIOD. i dropped out of college b/c i had no cute girls in my class. but got lucky and landed a really good job.
LMFAO thats halarious bro... my dads from hong kong and moms from malaysia so i think im 100% asian too? congrats on landing a good job

for the comment turbo xs bov = really loud... thought this was halarious.. their bov is call RFL which stands for really F***ing loud hahahah thought it was cool for those who didnt know that lol

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Recirculate your blow off valve. Makes the noises inbetween shifts quieter and gives you better throttle response. Not to mention it won't kill your spark plugs as fast.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Recirculate your blow off valve. Makes the noises inbetween shifts quieter and gives you better throttle response. Not to mention it won't kill your spark plugs as fast.
Ok then Last stupid question... If I decide to recirculate( which I am considering now) it doesn't matter what BOV valve I buy correct? It can be a $hitty one, Used one, ...Plus I was looking a pictures of how some guys (edgy) customized a recirculating gig.
So it really doesn't matter what BOV I buy in terms of loudness correct?

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
not all BOV's have Recirc kits available. you don't want to cheap out on your parts even if its just the BOV as its there to save your TB butterfly and give you better on/off response.

if you don't care about recirc then the Tial is a proven BOV that's fairly quiet. Also if you get the HKS SQV and remove the triangle insert it is very quiet as well. Synchronic makes a BOV similar to SQV's design and is fairly quiet (this is the route i'm going)

If you recirc, you can still hear the sound of the BOV if you have open element filter but it will be muffled a little by the filter. I would still go with SQV or Synchronic as they are both "pull" type BOV's, and you can recirc if you want, or go open if you want. Some bov's don't have this flexibility.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Glad Frydance isn't a moron like most other people who think that you can't get rid of the annoying sound of the ssqv. If you are going to buy one try and find the 3rd gen as this was the last one they made with the adjuster. While the new ones aren't adjustable.

Though the reason you have a blow off valve is to release pressure and keep the turbulent pressure from trying to slow down the turbine. Not so much an effect on the TB.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts