Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a quick question on winter tires. I have a set of 16" Blizzaks coming soon and I wanted to know what people thought about them when there is no snow on the ground. How do the tires ride in the dry setting, I've been told different things about them. MD got hit last week with 8in. of snow from that winter storm, and I am expecting more snow but now there is no snow on the roads so, I want to know if it will be hard or different to drive. Thanks...

·
Registered
712 Posts
The blizzaz LM-22 drive jsut fine on wet, dry or snow covered roads. The Blizzak MZ-01 donn't last too long on dry roads because their tread compound is made to wear away easily. These can be driven in dry conditions but not recomended!

·
Registered
727 Posts
i have the lm-22's and they drive and feel just fine under all conditions.

·
Registered
712 Posts
No!! The WS-50 has almost the same tread compund as the MZ-01's

The LM - 22 has a much stiffer compund that is made to last. I would go w/ LM-22 or michelin's.. up to you though

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crap ola... i already have the ws-50s on the way. i should be receiving them soon. is driving going to be a biznatch if there is no snow on the ground then.

·
Registered
712 Posts
driving quality and ride comfort will be just fine, but they (WS50's )will wear away quicker than if you had LM-22's and drove on dry roads

·
Registered
836 Posts
My LM-22 came in today I'll let you know how they do in the dry.

Got to go, my appt. to have them put on is right now

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have LM-22's and they drive okay on dry roads. Car still slips on dry roads on hard turns, but you shouldn't be dong those in the winter anyways (especially in a rear wheel drive vehicle).

The WS tires will perform better in deep snow, but will be worse on dry roads. I bought the LM-22's because they offer the best compromise between the two situations.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Had my LM-22's put on yesterday. They seem to be fine in the dry. It's not a Z rated tire but it will do for the winter if I can get around

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm still waiting for my shipment. i guess tirerack got a whole load of orders last week and now they are behind so i am getting my winter tires later now. get great that i have to drive to away this weekend and there is a chance to snow...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
absimp_is300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing