Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting new tires....my last set were toyo fz4 225/35/19 front and 245/35/19 rear... I want to get the ecsta mx and my question is will 235/35/19 fit in front without rubbing dropped with H&R's? Ill stick with the same rear specs.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8" up front and 9" rear.....how do i go about measuring my offset? Do i take a ruler and measure from the spokes to the back of the rim?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
LikWid696 said:
8" up front and 9" rear.....how do i go about measuring my offset? Do i take a ruler and measure from the spokes to the back of the rim?
The offset is the distance of where the hub mounting surface is from the center of the rim, it'll be in millimeters. You can grab a ruler and try to measure it but it's probably not going to be that accurate. Check on the inside of the rim, there's normally a sticker that tells you.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked but couldnt find anything. Im pretty sure they are a 40 offset....they were sinister's old hre rims and im pretty sure he said they were +40. The only difference between 225 and 235 would be the tread width would be a little wider right? So would 235/35/19 on 19x8 with a 40 offset fit in the front without modifications?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
With H&R's you'll rub in the front, no questions about it. . If you're willing to live with the constant rubbing go for it. If not then it's back to 225's or get eibachs/coilovers instead and raise the car a little.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
LikWid696 said:
i looked but couldnt find anything. Im pretty sure they are a 40 offset....they were sinister's old hre rims and im pretty sure he said they were +40. The only difference between 225 and 235 would be the tread width would be a little wider right? So would 235/35/19 on 19x8 with a 40 offset fit in the front without modifications?
Oh my fault, I should have looked at your signature. I don't believe HREs would have a sticker stating the rims offset since they're custom made. Most aftermarket Japanese rims do though.

Technically there's another difference between 225/35 and 235/35 tires. You are correct that the tread is 10 mm wider but the overall wheel diameter will be larger too.

225/35 => 25.20"
235/35 => 25.48"

Just to let you know, I'm riding on 19x8 (+45) with 235/35 tires. My driver side tire does rub but it only occurs when I back up and turn the steering towards the right. My front tires also stick out a little bit past the front fenders. Make sure yours don't because if you do have a +40 offset in the front they'll really stick out further than mine.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanks for all the help guys....i guess ill try to go back to 225 for the front. The only reason i was gonna change was that i couldnt find any tires that werent too expensive in 225/35 and 245/35. Then i saw the ecsta mx's and saw they came in 235/35 and 245/35 so i was gonna try them out but i guess i wont. I have toyo fz4's on now and dont really like them. Does anyone know of any tires that are decent that come in 225/35/19 and 245/35/19?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are the falken Azenis ST115 any good? I found these tires in the size i need...Anyone know how they are?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts