Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was going to purchase headers, but my dad said something about them not being good for your car? He said something about it being bad for your engine and cutting its life short. Is this true or are they fine
thanks

·
Registered
3,591 Posts

Thats not so true.

·
Registered
238 Posts
that is the saddest excuse ive ever heard, to not mod ur car

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
nah dude get em. It may be worse for the environment if anything, lol. They are straight pipes and remove 2 of the factory cat converteres but u still have the main one on your y pipe. My header is sweet and will open up your car.

They could be bad for your car if there is a leak causing u to lose power and if u mess up the o2 sims when u transfer them over. Also, you will get a check engine light causing u not to have traction control. This however can be remedied by an O2 simulator from o2simulator.com. I have had the sim for over a year and over 10k miles and it rocks. It is around $40 bucks and easily solders into your car's ecu.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
lexis15 said:
I recently was going to purchase headers, but my dad said something about them not being good for your car? He said something about it being bad for your engine and cutting its life short. Is this true or are they fine
thanks
but junior, your car already comes with headers.....

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lexis15 said:
thanks
LoL...thats why you dont tell him. "Just do it damn it"

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^ edit i should refresh my browser before posting lol das beat me to it * technically tubular exhaust manifold but whatever

1 - 12 of 12 Posts