Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a race gas tune Monday or Tuesday.

Last minute I thought that maybe I could switch to E85, and do a tune for that.

I have a Boost Logic T61 setup. Tec3 standalone, 50lb injectors, single walbro fuel pump.

I have a set of 850cc injectors. I know I'd have to swap those in there. (upgrade the injectors), but would I need dual walbro pumps or would 1 be fine?

It's a T61. So I'm sure the turbo is going to max out around 525rwhp.
If all I need would be to swap the injectors and would be fine. I might try that this weekend and do a E85 tune. (I leave Weds 17th to head to TX for the TX2K10 event).

*I apologize in advance for being a douche and not searching. I just wanted to go to bed. An didn't want to read 20 pages of info all night researching.
Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Boostin in the 505
2,028 Posts
You will need 1000cc injectors, two fuel pumps, and a full fuel system. There is some debate as to the need for a anodized fuel rail due to the corrosive nature of E85 on raw aluminum. Cars drink 30% more fuel on E85 to run correctly so you will need the fuel system to back it up. Most people I know who switched picked up 50rwhp or more on E85 due to the fact it's a cooler fuel.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind. I don't have a dual pump hanger so I wouldn't of been able to do it anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.