Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my black/black IS with leather/escaine interior, moonroof, heated seats, and LSD in 2 weeks. Is there anything I should ask my dealer at pick up or request anything at pick up? Thanks

2 more weeks of waiting!

·
Registered
814 Posts
I told my dealer than when my car arrives, no one is to sit in it. Also, I requested that the dealer emblem not be put on my car.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Tell your dealer that you got the car as a gift for a friend... I will send you my home address so that they know where to send it...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You may want to check if they automatically drill the holes to attach the front license plate holder. If you don't want it (although it is required in some states) they could be instructed not to drill the holes...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Anyone know the exact law/regulation regarding the front license plate in California? I know my car didn't come with a front license plate frame. I don't want to put one on because it doesn't look good, but I also don't want to get pull over.

Daniel

·
Registered
205 Posts
TEG

Looks like the front license plate holes are already pre-drilled. You can see a set of dimples (painted) on the front bumper where the plates will be attached.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by Daniel:
Anyone know the exact law/regulation regarding the front license plate in California? I know my car didn't come with a front license plate frame. I don't want to put one on because it doesn't look good, but I also don't want to get pull over.

Daniel
Front license plate is required. However, I have yet to be pulled over for it. Traffic cops don't seem to care too much about it, but parking enforcement has gotten me twice! It's an $80 ticket for not having front plates! Unless you know you are not going to park in the streets, I suggest putting them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
onefortheroad
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing