Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends with a 03 IS is telling me the injen intake with cause problems to the car, he said the check engine light will come on and untill u put the stock intake box and reset the ecu thats when the c/e light will turn off

so is this true?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had mine on for about 2 weeks now and haven't gottin any CELs. The only problem with mine is that the MAF rubs the underside of the hood a little. Nothing major.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had mine on for about 2 weeks now and haven't gottin any CELs. The only problem with mine is that the MAF rubs the underside of the hood a little. Nothing major.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the Injen GenIII and I never had a problem with it. No CELs for over 6k miles.

The problem with the first two generations was that the cone filter was a little too big and the design of the heatshield did not optimize the flow of the air. Now those things have been corrected and no problems at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coo thanks his is manual but i dont know y his shit is doing that, but he did buy the injen intake from ebay and he said it came with a cheep ass looking cone

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
mine is a gII with no problems for about 8 or 10 thousand miles. i believe it to have slowed the car though--do not buy injen unless you are planning to install some sort of AFC as well...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I talked with Phil at Injen along time ago and he told me that the differences in between the Intakes are the actual pipe diameter and sensor location. But if you want to get any real power out of the intake you will need an S-AFC.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
lexhustler said:
I talked with Phil at Injen along time ago and he told me that the differences in between the Intakes are the actual pipe diameter and sensor location. But if you want to get any real power out of the intake you will need an S-AFC.
and also a little help from Blitz too :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts