Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i am new to the forum. I had some really quick questions...... First what are some common problems for a 2004 IS300 (I heard something about engine sludge?), second does 15k sounds high for one with 42k miles on it (btw it is spotless but is missing the shifter knob), third what is the maintenance on these (oil changes any BMW like maintenance service a and b?), and anything i might forget to ask. Thanks everyone

BTW this is one of my favorite style of cars.

· Premium Member
5,122 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is the engine sludge a real problem or no? Was this just something on the earlier models? Also what was different on the sport design model? Who thinks i can fit 2 car seats in the back and not sit straight up in the air?

· Premium Member
5,122 Posts
So is the engine sludge a real problem or no? Was this just something on the earlier models? Also what was different on the sport design model? Who thinks i can fit 2 car seats in the back and not sit straight up in the air?
I have never heard of any sludge problems.

· Registered
1,039 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
The short answer is, it is a Toyota engine, so with regular maintenance it will run damn near forever. I personally have an '01 with 97K miles and I haven't had a single issue. The only money I have spent is on maintenance and upkeep.

· Registered
5,241 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.