Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1- I live in Miami, and I have seen a 2001 asking for 24K, that seems a bit high. If I were to offer about 21000 and give some cash, the idea is to remain at the 350/month. Does anyone in Miami, think this is possible if I were to lease a new one?

2- How can I tell if there is an LSD in the car, either a 2001 or 2002 model?

3- What is escaine?

4- Anyone in Miami got any hook ups at dealers?

5- IF you are driving in the e-shift and for example you are in top gear and you are coming to a red light to a complete stop are you supposed to downshift or what? Does it go into neutral?

Disclaimer - I have been reading on here for a while, and like most rookies I havent searched enough, so feel free to ignore or hook me up thanks.

BTW - anyone on here in miami have a motorcycle? Gixxer rules!!!

Peace!!!!

·
8,880 Posts
mr_alex2 said:
1- I live in Miami, and I have seen a 2001 asking for 24K, that seems a bit high. If I were to offer about 21000 and give some cash, the idea is to remain at the 350/month. Does anyone in Miami, think this is possible if I were to lease a new one?

2- How can I tell if there is an LSD in the car, either a 2001 or 2002 model?

3- What is escaine?

4- Anyone in Miami got any hook ups at dealers?

5- IF you are driving in the e-shift and for example you are in top gear and you are coming to a red light to a complete stop are you supposed to downshift or what? Does it go into neutral?

Disclaimer - I have been reading on here for a while, and like most rookies I havent searched enough, so feel free to ignore or hook me up thanks.

BTW - anyone on here in miami have a motorcycle? Gixxer rules!!!

Peace!!!!
1) 21 K is a reasonable price. 24K is not.
2) Easiest way to tell is look at the sticker. There is a way through VIN, but you have to search for that.
3) Ecsane is a synthetic material made to hold you in place during sharp turns.
4) Not me
5) e-shift is automatic transmission with the ability to control top gear auto box selects. The range is from 2 to 5. 5 equals auto. So, if you select 2, the car will be shifting in gears 1-2 automatically and will not go into 3. It will not go into N, it is auto trasmission. No downshifting is necessary since it will downshift for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts