Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just recieved a used TRD LSD from PHR. Got a real good deal. Thanks to Tsop for the link!!!

Here's some pics:

My question is how hard will the install be for a mechanic? Will there need to be any modifications? I was searching and some threads said that the shafts had to be shaved about 6mm. Any help would be +repped!!!

BTW Is there any directions on how to install?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
lucky! :p i found out it was the selective LSD and read up on its options. well anyways heres the TRD site http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_lsd_selective.html
TRD said:
JCE10W 01.07- 2JZ-GE 41301-JX001 Cutting process (6mm) on side gear shaft required.
let me know how it works out! i picked up the NA mk IV supra front pads which are the same as the IS :p

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i dunno how it sits, but once its opened up you'll see. personally i hate replacing a pumpkin. setting the backlash is a bitch. and on the IS, since it has independent rear suspension you have to set the side gear backlash as well as the ring and pinion and the contact between ring and pinion... FUN! i did one on my own and i funked the ring and pinion on the corolla. i had an offroad shop take care of that repair. and that lasted a while.. 3-4 yrs? last time my rear end went on me i replaced the whole rear end from disc to disc haha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts