Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the darn thing is located? Also where is the antenna for the GPS?
I'm looking into tinting my is but I hear the tinting might affect the GPS.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally called Lexus customer service. The NAV is in the trunk by the spare, labeled Denso. I thought it was just the keyless remote system since the keys say denso on them as well. The thing is bolted down tight. Unlike a TL NAV, replacing the disc is done by the dealer instead of the user just inserting a new DVD.
Also, the locator antenna is in the behind the back seats under the glass somewhere. People who intent to put metallic tint in rear windows should beware. The tint will affect the locator and the NAV will not work properly.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hey supernoman,
Congratulations on your new 2002 IS300. When did you get it and what did you get? I guess no one could answer your question, especially since most of the people here on this board have 2001 IS300s without the NAV.

We (San Diego IS300 owners) just had a San Diego Meet several weeks ago. Next time we have another meet make sure you come.

IS300_white

·
13,978 Posts
Originally posted by is300_white:
Hey supernoman,
Congratulations on your new 2002 IS300. When did you get it and what did you get? I guess no one could answer your question, especially since most of the people here on this board have 2001 IS300s without the NAV.

We (San Diego IS300 owners) just had a San Diego Meet several weeks ago. Next time we have another meet make sure you come.

IS300_white
hey...i have a 01 is300 with a NAV!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read about the SD Meet. I just didn't have mine yet. I got it a week ago.
02 GGP
Full Leather
NAV
Heated Seats
Moon Roof
LSD

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yeah, I know you have a NAV in yours oneeyejack.

You're one of the lucky ones to have an aftermarket NAV. But you know supernoman was talking about the OEM NAV ...sheesh.

IS300_white

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is300_white

You wouldn't happenn to work in Mira Mesa? I see one on the road with me in the morning on my way to work.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Sup supernoman,
Yeah, I work in Sorrento Valley, so that could be me with you on Mira Mesa going to work. However, I do see other white IS300s going back and forth on Mira Mesa, so it could also be somebody else.
He He

IS300_white

1 - 9 of 9 Posts