Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the IS350.

Say I start the car, get out of the car and walk away with the key fob in my pocket, can someone else get in my car and drive off? Or would the car not move since the key fob isn't in the car?

i've been wondering about this..:popcorn:

thanks!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the IS350.

Say I start the car, get out of the car and walk away with the key fob in my pocket, can someone else get in my car and drive off? Or would the car not move since the key fob isn't in the car?

i've been wondering about this..:popcorn:

thanks!
Nope. They get in and they can drive away. The only thing is if they shut the car off, they won't be able to restart it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. They get in and they can drive away. The only thing is if they shut the car off, they won't be able to restart it.
Holly crap... There were a couple of times when I came out to start my car and go back inside my home....knowing that the car will either not move or engines shuts off when attempting to drive away without the key fob... I could've gotten my car stolen! lol oops..:blush: Thanks for the info!

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
After about 100yds, the car shuts off.
A coworker and I had the same question when I bought mine.

Nope, it does not shut off. I drove mine around the corporate park where I work, it never turned off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Holly crap... There were a couple of times when I came out to start my car and go back inside my home....knowing that the car will either not move or engines shuts off when attempting to drive away without the key fob... I could've gotten my car stolen! lol oops..:blush: Thanks for the info!
ive been doing this practice just to warm up the car at this months, its a good thing i read this thread too

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Just don't be like my aunt. She left her car running in the middle of China Town and got her car taken by some crack head while she was in line getting bubble tea. She started lecturing ME later. lol, Might be her way of dealing with how dumb she was.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
My former boss had a $70,000 Mercedes stolen this way. Left it running outside of his house. His insurance company told him that they wouldn't insure him for more than $20K after that.

So here was a millionaire driving a Taurus... :lol:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol thanks for the info/ comments guys. Yea I did that too warm up my car coz it's cold!:blush: I've better stop doing it from now on... I learned something new today. :)

thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts