Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be buying a rims with these specs:

17x7.5 for the front and 17x8.5 for the rear and the offset is 45 mm for all wheels.

What tire width can I go that allow maximum width while still keeping me from rubbing? (I bust U-Turns now and then, but I always go over bumps REAL slow)

The front can be kept at 215 if necessary, but the rear has to be 245 at least.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You can definitely do a 255 for the rear. I had a 18 x 8.5" in the back with a 255 and a +45 offset and had no problems. I'm lowered almost 2" in the back. For the front, I think 225 is a good size, but I think you could fit a 235 if you wanted to, too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can definitely do a 255 for the rear. I had a 18 x 8.5" in the back with a 255 and a +45 offset and had no problems. I'm lowered almost 2" in the back. For the front, I think 225 is a good size, but I think you could fit a 235 if you wanted to, too.
Thank you very much. I will most likely drop my car down to 1 inch and have the tires wide enough to have the flush look (though, I'll most likely not). Thanks for the response as I desperately need the configuration.

Is 265 too much? lol

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^ No problem. I think the widest you are supposed to go on an 8.5" wheel is 255. I'm pretty sure you'd need a 9" wheel to accommodate a 265.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ No problem. I think the widest you are supposed to go on an 8.5" wheel is 255. I'm pretty sure you'd need a 9" wheel to accommodate a 265.
Yep, you're right. And, I think I will run with just 245 since 255 will require me to shave my fender/roll my fender. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yep, you're right. And, I think I will run with just 245 since 255 will require me to shave my fender/roll my fender. Thanks.
Who said that? You should be fine without touching your fenders. I'd go for the 255. As I mentioned, I had an 18 x 8.5" in the back with a 255 and a +45 offset, was lowered, and had no problems.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who said that? You should be fine without touching your fenders. I'd go for the 255. As I mentioned, I had an 18 x 8.5" in the back with a 255 and a +45 offset, was lowered, and had no problems.
Interesting. The guy that sold me this particular set of rims actually told me [precisely] that if I wish to have 255's, I will need to shave. Excellent.

I will be using 255/35/17 in order to reduce the error in speedometer.

My rims, too, have a +45 offset, but they are actually just 17".

Reactions: SamanthaIS300
1 - 7 of 7 Posts