The white part is used for a mold. I'll be getting a nice replacement soon. :D

·
Registered
742 Posts
vlad_a said:
You could always Dremel it down to make it fit. :wink:

Here is my little Dremel project:

The white part is used for a mold. I'll be getting a nice replacement soon. :D
Hey Vlad_a...is this th project screen that u were telling me about a while ago..is so..Looks good man :D...Can U give me any information about it?

·
8,849 Posts
^^^^
Yes, this is the thing I have been spending most of my time on for the past half of the year.
Here are some more pictures.
There are some specs on the "home" page.
In short, it will be a P4 2.6 800FSB 512DDR Dual channel, GPS, Touchscreen, Voice recognition, MP3, DVD, CDRW, 802.11b, 802.11g system.
Right now I am waiting for 2 shops to complete their work - one to finish up enclosure based on our CAD designs and another to make some faceplates for Xenarc Monitors that can be used in making Xenarc Monitors fit JDM kit, possibly even motorized enclosure.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Very Very Nice Man...This is great...I already have a tv' Opens and closes like the stock nav....But i would definanly get this...Its great cause it has everything in One and Looks like a perfect fit...Teriffic idea on this project...Please Keep me inform on this...This is great...Hook me up man!!!!
Later

Gary

·
8,849 Posts
^^^^
Will do. 8)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Vlad_a, How are you going to integrate the touchscreen and the computer. In other words my question is, can you make the touchscreen move the mouse similar to a tablet PC and how?

·
8,849 Posts
cyphertext69 said:
Vlad_a, How are you going to integrate the touchscreen and the computer.
Using USB interface. :wink: There are also drivers and calibration software to be installed for it to work.
cyphertext69 said:
In other words my question is, can you make the touchscreen move the mouse similar to a tablet PC and how?
Yes, by touching it. :D

If that is not sufficient enough,
here is another nifty feature:

It is a gyro based in-air mouse. Also works as a regular optic mouse. 8)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ok this is my situation, I have a clarion touch screen. I would like to use my touchscreen as a mouse but I am not sure how to make it happen. I am looking into building a carputer but haven't decided whether or not I want all the keyboards and mouse in my cluttered car already.

·
8,849 Posts
cyphertext69 said:
ok this is my situation, I have a clarion touch screen. I would like to use my touchscreen as a mouse but I am not sure how to make it happen. I am looking into building a carputer but haven't decided whether or not I want all the keyboards and mouse in my cluttered car already.
You may have to ditch the Clarion, as it was not designed to be used with a PC.
I don't like to clutter my car either. That is why when everything is installed, I will only see the display. There is also a credit-card remote control that will be used for quick navigation through MP3 files.

·
8,849 Posts
Back to the original topic.

ChromedYellowLex,
It seems that not many people may know the answer to your question. Sometimes there is only one solution, which is to try it out yourself.

I would suggest looking up dimensions of the 2 screens you are asking about and the one people usually install. If they are not far off, then there is a good chance there will be little or no fitment issues.

When I was trying to figure out if the 7" monitor would fit JDM Dash kit, I got all of the dimensions and approximated where I would run into trouble. Then, I took a risk of buying one. As I mentioned before, Dremel saved the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts