Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The fog lights on my GS400 only come on when the headlights are on... Bummer.... Bimmer on the other hand allows you to have the fog lights on separately...
Eric....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You know though, guys, do we really want to be one of those people seen cruising around broad daylight with foglights on? Geez. And how many times are we in the mountains where it's foggy in the middle of the day? Whether this was by design or accident I praise it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL HERE IN NY WE GET ALOT OF FOGGY DAYS. ANYWAY I WOULD RATHER THEM SEPERATE FROM THE HEADLIGHTS BUT ITS NOT A BIG ISSUE. MY MAXIMA LIGHTS WORK TOGETHER.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The fog lights in the current ES300 are switchable provided the low beam is engaged.

On the other hand, I heard that the fog lights on the new Acura CL-S are always on when the low beam is on -- in other words, they can't be turned on and off. Is it true ?

AndyL

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I don't know why you would want them to be able to come on by themselves. I read that the best visibility for fog is low beams plus fog lights, then low beams, and worst is high beams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
VIOLATION
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing