Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just made a 30k service appt with them. Asked for sythetic oil which will be $30-$35 more. They use Mobil 1.

Q1: Will they allow me to bring my own engine oil and save that $35? Or they are charging just about right comparing with buying my own?
Q2: If I were to buy my own oil, which brand would you recommend? And where place should have the best price?

Thanks!

Glenn

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
You should be able to bring your own oil to any dealer/shop. Just be sure they put your oil in your car.

Walmart/Sam's Club/Costco, all sell 6qt of Mobil 1 for about 25 bucks. So you only save 10 bucks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Use their recommended regular oil with MOA treatment. I get it every oil change from them. Saves a lot of money and it's just as good, if not better than mobil 1 full synthetic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean their regular synthetic? or regular non-synthetic? Do I have to mention it specifically? or it's including in the $255 30k service?

·
Registered
598 Posts
you should be able to get 6 quarts of mobile 1 for 25 bucks at any auto store. dont go with any oil additives if your car is still new and has no problems. Just use mobile one and you are in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts