Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.....Finally picked up my IS 2 weeks ago.....Loaded except for Navi....I even got the Carbon Fiber dash, Tints, & A Teflon Coat......

The past two weeks have been the best driving experience....However this week the steering wheel is vibrating & pulling to the right when I accelerate & brake.....Anyone know whats up?? Did this happen to anyone else?? :(

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Re: Question....

JIM BLUE IS300 said:
Hey Guys.....Finally picked up my IS 2 weeks ago.....Loaded except for Navi....I even got the Carbon Fiber dash, Tints, & A Teflon Coat......

The past two weeks have been the best driving experience....However this week the steering wheel is vibrating & pulling to the right when I accelerate & brake.....Anyone know whats up?? Did this happen to anyone else?? :(
your alignment may be getting out of wack...plus your sttering wheel vibrating can be know to do so while braking due to your rotors being warped under alot of breaking...get a better wheel alignment and get better rotors...TRD makes some good ass rotors

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've heard about this 'pulling to the right' thing many times before. In fact, my dealer even told me that its a common and documented problem that most IS300's experience. He said that a realingment may only soften the problem, but not cure it...... but so far, I've not seen it personally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im bringing it into the dealer on Weds so well see what happens....I didnt think I was braking to hard, but who knows?

Good luck with your car......Red is a great color ... that wouldhave been my second choice...

·
Registered
136 Posts
the vibrating while braking is probably because of warped rotors as already mentioned, but the warped rotors may not be from braking too hard, they can just be from getting them wet when they are hot, such as washing the car after driving it or going through a puddle. i have the same problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is interesting is the pulling has stopped & everything seems back to normal....Maybe it was from washing the tires?? :crazy:

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
METEORO
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing