Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading thru all the posts about all the ongoing problems with boosting : transmissions breaking down
missfiring problems
ce light and all the headaches related,money spent
is it worthted?.i am asking this question because i am allmost ready to invest the money and get my is supercharged and i don't want to turn the is from one of the most reliable cars i've owned into a total disaster(nightmare).
thanks in advance because i know there will be somebody out there ripping on me for asking this question...tino

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
you can't expect to do something as substantial as a SC or TC and not have to worry about the problems or nuisances.

In many cases, you're going to be putting down almost twice as much hp than you did stock. You can't expect your car to hold up and be as reliable.

Even a SC that is "bolt on" can give you problems. Chrystal blew her engine with "just" a SC.

So if you've got the money to spend on it. Strap your balls to your leg cause you'll have to deal with some hassle. There's no way around it.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
you can't expect to do something as substantial as a SC or TC and not have to worry about the problems or nuisances.

In many cases, you're going to be putting down almost twice as much hp than you did stock. You can't expect your car to hold up and be as reliable.

Even a SC that is "bolt on" can give you problems. Chrystal blew her engine with "just" a SC.

So if you've got the money to spend on it. Strap your balls to your leg cause you'll have to deal with some hassle. There's no way around it.
Damn straight. I'd give you a dot, but somebody jacked them all. :(

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
LiL...I'll hook up Shopie with some dots for ya!

<tino>
Is it worth it?

YES
If...you are addicted to terminal velocity.
If...you enter into the F/I world understanding you will be spending more money than the cost of the F/I kit.
If...you are willing to look at an occasional check engine light on your dash.
If...you understand you will need to upgrade several other components other than just adding the F/I kit.

NO
If...you spent your last free dollar to buy the F/I kit.
If...you expect your car to be as quiet and smooth as it did when you bought it.
If...you are not an agresive driver and/or are not comfortable driving a high HP RWD car.
If...you are the type to buy the cheap gas or complain about the price of gas.
If...you are a tree hugger.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
redline814 said:
LiL...I'll hook up Shopie with some dots for ya!

If...you are a tree hugger.
Amen to that mofos.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
redline814 - Be a little generous with those dots? Maybe you can pull me out of my negative!

BTW, did you win that HKS DLI on ebay a few days ago? If you were, I was that guy "magicseller" who tried to outbid you but you beat me by one second! :pissed: :lol: I swear I almost broke my desk when I saw I got outbid with a few seconds left.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
redline814 - Be a little generous with those dots? Maybe you can pull me out of my negative!

BTW, did you win that HKS DLI on ebay a few days ago? If you were, I was that guy "magicseller" who tried to outbid you but you beat me by one second! :pissed: :lol: I swear I almost broke my desk when I saw I got outbid with a few seconds left.

THAT IS FOKING HILLARIOUS

Man...I could have had an even better price you dork!

I was setting you up...but you jumped in with your bid too early. You have to wait until 20 seconds before it ends....not 1 minute :lol:

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
redline814 said:
lil' IS 300 said:

THAT IS FOKING HILLARIOUS

Man...I could have had an even better price you dork!

I was setting you up...but you jumed in with your bit too early. You have to wait until 20 seconds before it ends....not 1 minute :lol:
Dude I had TWO computers at once, punching in bids! That one guy made a bid which automatically kept raising it and it kept saying I was outbid. So I had to keep bidding till it said I was the highest bidder.

I refresh the page with a few seconds left and see that redlind is ahead of me. I'm like holy fuck! I switch to my other computer which is already set to bid, and click enter. I was 1 second too late and when I saw it ended I slammed my desk with my fist. I was so pissed off!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
save those money and you dont know what you doing....rather spend those money getting another car such as M3. Why do you need high power anyway? you get speeding ticket anyway and ending up more money...think twice man..

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
turboaltezza_us said:
save those money and you dont know what you doing....rather spend those money getting another car such as M3. Why do you need high power anyway? you get speeding ticket anyway and ending up more money...think twice man..
I thought twice before I typed this...

WHATEVER

·
Registered
817 Posts
turboaltezza_us said:
This coming from a username "turboaltezza_us"... :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts