Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/lex...id=edmunds.n.mipmake.pricetable.num1.2.lexus*

shows a "base model" which appears to be the 5speed manual, with an invoice price of $25,901. Is that correct??

KBB shows $26,446. I'm guessing Edmunds isn't showing the delivery charge but KBB is, right?

At KBB with the three options I'd want (LSD, black pearl emblems, and Power & Alcantra package) it's $27,887 + tax/tags.

That's pretty sweet if that's right and assuming it could be had for invoice since sales are generally slow on the IS300... and also assuming they have one in stock the way I want it and not with other stuff on it. =\

·
Registered
385 Posts
Despite slow sales of the IS, invoice will be hard on a 04. At most, maybe a $2K discount but more likely $1K. People getting below invoice were 03 models, since sales were slow & dealers wanted to rid them before the new model yr.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
you'll be even harder pressed to get a manual transmission for near invoice. The eshifts are a dime a dozen, but the 5 spds are harder to come by and the dealers can sell them without resorting to rock bottom prices. When I got my IS, it would have been cheaper to get an eshift rather than the 5 spd even though the sticker price on the 5 spd was $1500 less.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don't let people here discourage you. Nothing is easy, you've gotta work to get the deals. But if you really try, I'll bet you'll find one at list. Go to Superpages.com and start finding the phone numbers for 7 or 8 Lexus dealers. Call and ask for the Sales Manager or the Internet Salesperson for each store. Fax or email to each of them your pre-typed offer sheet specifying what you want and what you are willing to pay. Then take the best offer you get and shop it around to the other dealers to see if they can beat it and by how much. The 1-2 hours of your time you spend doing this will probably save you thousands. While some dealers may be selling 5speeds like hotcakes, others may have have a half dozen that have been sitting on the lot for 90 days. Every dealer and every region are different. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.