Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 IS, I just purchased a set of 18x7.5's +35 offset.
If I run a 225/45/18's will I have any clearance issues?
TJ

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nah, I actually think you'll be fine. People have been running 18x8 +40 offsets with not much problems. If you do the caculations, the .5" you add to the outside of the rim, is more than the 5mm difference with the offset. You MIGHT have a small issue with rubbing while hitting bumps taking HARD HARD turns with the stock (soft) suspension. But other than that i think that size would be nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wheels

I have the IS350 wheels on my car without any problems. Front tires are 225/40/18, rears 245/40/18. My car is low, almost no gap between my car and tires. No rubbing at all, front or rear!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I have the IS350 wheels on my car without any problems. Front tires are 225/40/18, rears 245/40/18. My car is low, almost no gap between my car and tires. No rubbing at all, front or rear!
Random bit of info....

but I dont see how this helps the OP when you are talking totally different offsets, suspensions, wheels.... etc

A +35 is a bit strong for the IS. You will be ok with stock suspension, but the minute you lower, you will run into rubbing problems up front for sure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know this has been answered in other threads, but will I be ok with 225's or do I have to go with 215's?

·
Registered
387 Posts
minus measuring a 225 should fit. i am running 18x7.5 w/ a 225/40 +42 without issue.

·
Registered
208 Posts
After you install the wheels you will definetly want to lower the car.
I installed a set of staggered 17's on my '02 @ stock height.
It looked like crap because of the wheel gap.
I ordered Tokico HP & H&R springs that same day.
Huge difference in looks!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts