Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey tire guys i need your help. This is not my area of expertise so I am here to ask the questions.

I am looking to maximize traction. the car will be built for 1400hp and have a 10pt cage etc. I have a build thread going on here.

The question is, I am looking at a DON MUSK wide body kit. The UK vendor states the front and rear over fendors are 50mm wider.

I know stock with fendors rolled I can hit a 275 tire in the rear. If I want to go with , lets say a 305 or 315 tire, will this be enough?

I know people are able to run 6 seconds in the quarter on a 275 tire, however it wouldnt hurt to go 305 or 315 to match more towards a supras sized tire on the vehicle.

My goal is 8 seconds in the 1/4 and to hurt some feelings on the street.

thank you, and let me know if My goals are not realistic, or if they can be obtained and how.

· Registered
218 Posts
No first hand experience but here’s a old thread:

With fender flares, it’ll certainly be easier to fit bigger tires. +50mm is less than 25mm wider on each side with 315mm versus 275mm. (Hitting the suspension upright is a concern if the 275+25!=325 didn’t make sense) The stock IS with rolled fenders can fit 275mm so it makes sense that with the right offset, 315mm should fit. The thread I linked has good information on making 315mm fit. Not much information on the fender flares they used though.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean i can always fit a smaller setup , this just gives me the ability to go wider if needed, or to get a nice set of street rims/tire setup. Really excited about this kit as its my favorite of alk the is300 kits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts