Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I tinted my headlights and fog lights years ago, and I would not recommend it. I have replaced them since having the work done. I don't remember which brand was used, but I definitely noticed a slight (but noticeable) decrease in light output. I don't see any harm in adding a slight tint to tail lights, but I wouldn't do that again to head or fog lights.

For pics and other info, go here: http://my.is/forums/f90/new-smokes-bra-373967/

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
I tinted my headlights and fog lights years ago, and I would not recommend it. I have replaced them since having the work done. I don't remember which brand was used, but I definitely noticed a slight (but noticeable) decrease in light output. I don't see any harm in adding a slight tint to tail lights, but I wouldn't do that again to head or fog lights.

For pics and other info, go here: http://my.is/forums/f90/new-smokes-bra-373967/
I was going to do this also. Do you remember which % it was for the headlights/fogs?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw my post in there that already asked you lmao :lol:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I was going to do this also. Do you remember which % it was for the headlights/fogs?
Unfortunately, I don't think I was ever told a %, but they told me that it was the lightest smoke available at the time. It was probably 35-50%. When looking at the pictures, also take into consideration that it was overcast that day. I think I remember that it actually rained after I left.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think I was ever told a %, but they told me that it was the lightest smoke available at the time. It was probably 35-50%. When looking at the pictures, also take into consideration that it was overcast that day. I think I remember that it actually rained after I left.
Thats the look i was shooting for. 50% or higher would be what im looking for. Did it get darker, as it cured?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I don't remember noticing anything, so if there was a change, it wasn't anything significant. Here are two pics, both on overcast days. The second pic was taken about 1 year after install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts