Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I've been researching the 350Z and IS300. Planning on getting a new car in probably the next 8 months or so and Iv'e got it pretty much narrowed down to these two cars.

Granted I'm comparing a sports car and a sport luxury but they are close neough for my preferences. Main thing for me is the test drive at this point and the aftermarket.

I've been looking into turboed IS and they seem to be great engines for modding and the main thing is I'd like to be able to take a car and get it into 12's in the 1/4 if possible without sacrificing reliability or spending a fortune on redoing the internals.

I know I can push the Z into mid 12's area for about 8k on a properly tuned sc with exhaust of course and the right set of tires.

Is it possible to do the same for the IS for about the same price without losing the reliability of the car as a daily driver?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
yes it is possible but i am not sure about mid 12s, you should ask the many boosted is300 here on the forum, i think they will be glad to go through with you about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.