Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a is250 with out oem hid. i am wondering. can i get a hid oem headlight from ebay, put it in to my car? will it work and will it get a AFS?
and other question.
i saw people selling oem BALLAST. what is it for? or if i installing a oem BALLAST i can put in a hid in my headlight? thanks you !!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
i got a is250 with out oem hid. i am wondering. can i get a hid oem headlight from ebay, put it in to my car? will it work and will it get a AFS?
and other question.
i saw people selling oem BALLAST. what is it for? or if i installing a oem BALLAST i can put in a hid in my headlight? thanks you !!
The oem hid will work but you will not get the AFS feature. Just putting a ballast to your existing light will work but you need the right bulb to go along with it and also need to mount the ballast somewhere. As the oem hid comes with the ballast mounted on the headlight itself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oem hid will work but you will not get the AFS feature. Just putting a ballast to your existing light will work but you need the right bulb to go along with it and also need to mount the ballast somewhere. As the oem hid comes with the ballast mounted on the headlight itself.
thanks you. ya i saw some oem headlight that have ballast already attached to it. do you know if it has AFS?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.