Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I dig the idea of an owner's forum. Im sure its much nicer not having to deal with the riff-raff and idiots.

I see Martin posted a question about one key hole. Is he saying that the IS only comes with one key hole like the Catera? If so, I totally missed that when I was examing them the other night.

Justy
99 328i

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by ISsoon:
I see Martin posted a question about one key hole. Is he saying that the IS only comes with one key hole like the Catera? If so, I totally missed that when I was examing them the other night.
Yes, there is no keyhole on the passenger side. Even though the RX300 uses the same door handles and DOES have a keyhole on the passenger side.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
Of course, "riff raff and idiots" = anyone who faults the IS300 in any way.
Sorry Geoff,

It's not about faulting the IS it has some, but when you bash the car just to get a rise out of other members it gets a bit old.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What else would you call someone who comes to a board, makes inane, useless posts, and makes no positive contribution whatsoever?

Originally posted by Sphincter:
Sorry Geoff,

It's not about faulting the IS it has some, but when you bash the car just to get a rise out of other members it gets a bit old.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
First, get a clue. I have since made many useful contributions.

Second, most ppl here can't take a joke, and it's my job to loosen them up.

There you go.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Sorry Geoff,

Jesus Christ.

I do NOT bash the IS300. Why don't you and your 23 posts do just a little research before showing the rest of the forum how ignorant you are?

I almost bought the IS300. I didn't because it was slower than I had thought, the dealer jacked me around, and I really don't care for the taillights. Other than that, it's a great car, just not suited to me. Yes, there was some playful back and forth, but that's to be expected in any forum.

Get it?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice feature. I wonder how many owners have overlooked that

On that subject, how many key fobs does the IS come with? Does it have a valet key, that is just a regular key-without the remote built in?

Justy
99 328i

Originally posted by webmaster:
Yes, there is no keyhole on the passenger side. Even though the RX300 uses the same door handles and DOES have a keyhole on the passenger side.

[This message has been edited by ISsoon (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
one keyhole for 4 doors but still has a trunk keyhole. my mom's acura cl has no hole for the trunk. i thought that looked pretty nice.

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
Jesus Christ.

I do NOT bash the IS300. Why don't you and your 23 posts do just a little research before showing the rest of the forum how ignorant you are?

I almost bought the IS300. I didn't because it was slower than I had thought, the dealer jacked me around, and I really don't care for the taillights. Other than that, it's a great car, just not suited to me. Yes, there was some playful back and forth, but that's to be expected in any forum.

Get it?

Geoff,

# of posts do not equal intelegence....you have proved that to us all....

·
Registered
626 Posts
My car came with two remotless keys, one valet key and a wallet key.

I find the wallet key the best idea. It is a very thin key that only works the door. You keep it in your wallet just incase you lock your keys in your car.

Which would be hard to do since you lock the car with your keyless entry system.

But still it is a nice touch!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts

# of posts do not equal intelegence....you have proved that to us all

And I believe you, the Paragon of Literacy, have proved something to us as well.

The irony...it just hurts sometimes.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everytime I ask a question, I later think of something ELSE that I should have asked at the same time
Regarding the built-in remote; does it fit onto a keychain like the BMW keys, or is it like the VW and Merc transmitters (stand-alone)?

Justy
99 328i

Originally posted by ISFAN:
My car came with two remotless keys, one valet key and a wallet key.

I find the wallet key the best idea. It is a very thin key that only works the door. You keep it in your wallet just incase you lock your keys in your car.

Which would be hard to do since you lock the car with your keyless entry system.

But still it is a nice touch!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Everytime I ask a question, I later think of something ELSE that I should have asked at the same time
Regarding the built-in remote; does it fit onto a keychain like the BMW keys, or is it like the VW and Merc transmitters (stand-alone)?
The IS comes two full keys and one valet key. The two full keys have the remote buttons on the key body itself. Now when my wife's friend rolled around in her New Beetle and had the flip-out keyfob like the Mercedes - boy was I pissed.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
i still dont know why they call it a key FOB, what does the acronym stand for? was it invented by FOBs?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Don, you're not serious, are you?!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speaking of owners over-looking the absence of a passenger door keyhole; I am one of them
My girl pointed out last night that BMWs dont have a keyhole there either. Um, oops, lol. Some skip agent I am

Justy
99 328i

Nice feature. I wonder how many owners have overlooked that

On that subject, how many key fobs does the IS come with? Does it have a valet key, that is just a regular key-without the remote built in?

Justy
99 328i

[This message has been edited by ISsoon (edited November 06, 2000).]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts