Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have one of your Mazzurri SRS systems. This is the system that had the dyno sheet on it, created an impressive increase, all with a N/A engine and 3" piping.
I have my system for sale due to going with a Turbo and don't need the headers or exhaust as I'm going with an exhaust from the makers of the turbo kit.

I've had 2 buyers now tell me that you're saying, to put this system on a N/A engine, you would lose too much velocity?

Can you correct this statement? I'm lost in that when you were selling the complete SRS system, it was the bomb exhaust. But now that you're only selling the headers, not the exhaust, its not that great anymore?

What gives?

·
Registered
149 Posts
he still makes it.. he said it's just to pain in the ass to ship...thats why you dont see it on his website....and it is better then the header/y-pipe as far as overall gains, but it is really loud...i'm sure you know this... i'm sure the net gain isn't any diffrent then getting the headers/y-pipe and putting on a good after market cat back....most of the gains are in the header/y-pipe combo anyways(because the cats/and header deisgn)

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
When you lose velocity, the 1st thing to go is always TQ. With that said take a look here:

This is the full 3" system and it made more WTQ at 2800 RPMs than the car makes stock at it's peak. You lose no velocity with the 3" system, it's just loud and better, in my opinion, than the ypipe only system, but 99% of the people with the IS have 2.5" cat back and the full system is too loud and adding cats and stuff to quiet it down just robs the HP and there is no point in having it.

So I do still make the full system, but in-house only, I just don't ship them any more.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you Daniel...you said what I wanted to hear..
You lose no velocity with the 3" system
The full 3" system made more WTQ @ 2800 than the car stock at Peak

that dyno helps quite a bit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts