Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure some of you are tempting to trade in for a 5 speed, does anyone knows what the trade in value to the dealer?

·
Registered
117 Posts
If I even mentioned a trade-in to my wife, she'd kill me! The thought definitely crossed my mind though. I'm guessing that the best time to do a trade-in of an '01 for an '02 would be around November to make sure the demand is bit lower than at introduction. I may start checkin' out the dealerships around that time and seeing how much it'd cost me for an '02.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have silver 01 IS300 w/ fully loaded. It has 10K miles on it. I went to the dealer where i bought my Is and the sales man said that i have to pay another 6k inorder to trade it in with 02 IS. Thats crazy...

·
Registered
40 Posts
From dealerships I was hearing $ 25,000 - $26,000 as a trade in value. From other sources like CarMax (a one price no haggle dealership that has every make and model of car, and will buy your car even if you do not buy one of theirs) I got $ 27,500.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If someone can get around 27K for 01 IS, mine as well use that to purchase a WRX that has a 5 speed, potential mods, better gas milage. But not as good looks.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: testrak ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
testrak
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing