Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What insurance company is everyone in Northern New Jersey using to insure their IS 300? How much is your premium a year? I haven't done much research but so far I have gotten some pretty high quotes!

My driving record isn't bad at all (one moving violation). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by Devius:
What insurance company is everyone in Northern New Jersey using to insure their IS 300? How much is your premium a year? I haven't done much research but so far I have gotten some pretty high quotes!

My driving record isn't bad at all (one moving violation). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I got screwed on Ins. too... 24 w/ 2 points, in hudson co. and was quoted $3200/yr and up. I eventually settled on Allstate, and after 1 year, and points gone, I'm paying $2300/yr. If i can get these 2 pending points thrown out in court next month, my rates wil drop even more next year i hope

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info s0y. I just got quoted like $3800 a year. I'm 26 with 2 points in Essex county. I thought that was a bit rediculous even for Essex county, but maybe it isn't.
I'll check out Allstate too and see what happens. If anyone else can tell what they are paying and with who, please tell!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Devius

Try Liberty Mutual they quoted me $1900 per year and I am 27 w/2 points, they claimed that the points will not effect my rate unless I have more then 6 points...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Devius - I'm 25 w/2points and was quoted about $2.5k -$3k/yr.

I'm relocating to Pittsburgh, PA in a month -REALLY looking forward to the lower rates!

I'd check out Progressive Insurance as they gave me the most competitive rate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E-Shift thats an excellent quote! What town do you live in? I definitely will check out liberty mutual during my research. Morph, I thought Progressive didn't cover NJ drivers. Has that changed? I'll check them out too in case they have. Thanks for the help everyone. Feel free to keep posting suggestions!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yikes - yer right! I priced Progressive through my new Pittsburgh address. Sorry 'bout that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Union County, I never ended up using Liberty Mutual cause my wife has USAA and there rates are even better cause they are for federal employees only. Just keep in mind that they quoted me $1900 for the IS3 cause I also planned on putting my wife's Subaru 2.5 RS under liberty mutual. So for both cars I was quoted $3400, $1900 for the IS3 and $1500 for the Subaru.

BTW I ended up getting $3100 per year for both cars (Full coverage) thru USAA but that's only for federal employees or Army personnel My wife was lucky, her old no name insurance company went under and she was rolled into USAA even though she is not a fed employee.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info E-Shift. I'll keep that in mind. You're married and you added another car, so that definitely helped you out. I hope I have the same luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts