Lexus IS Forum banner

Question for Muhammad (SRT)

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Swift Racing Technologies 
#1 ·
HI, how are you??

I spoke with you earlier today about the HFI/ECU system...and i forgot to ask you an important question.....

does this system void our warranty?????

the answer to this question will not affect our decision to purchase...mainly because we just got off the phone with your wife and already purchased it....

thanks in advance..

#2 ·
I was with ticalis order.

Just wondering, is this emissions legal in all 50 states?

#3 ·
This was sort of an impulse buy Muhammed, but I was looking on the site and had a few more questions.

I went to swift racing and saw the dyno. I'm just getting into car mods and this is the first time I've really looked hard at a Dyno.

Someone else on IS300 dynoed their stock is at 174 HP...

However, your dyno shows 172.8 peak and 166.9 stock.

Your site also claims a 17 HP difference but the dyno doesn't show that.

Everybody who buys your product seems to love it, so I'm pretty confident in my purchase.

Could you reply to this and explain some of it. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff that everybody else already understands.

#4 ·
TicaLis300: Warranty issue was discussed before, in the legal sense it will not void the entire warranty only for the part it is replacing i.e. the air box assembly.

SophieSleeps: Emissions Legal 50 states: Yes.
Dyno results will vary from dyno shop to syno shop due to calibration differences. So even the same car can show more/less power on a different dyno. Our charts show an avgerage increase of 12 rear wheel HP, that translates to about 17HP at the crank.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
mc@swift-racing.com

#6 ·
I have to agree with Muhammad about the dyno. I have done extensive work on Dynos and have seen as much as a 20% difference between dynos. Usually if you stay on one Dyno it will be very consistent however. I would asume that those runs were made under simialr conditions on the same dyno so the readings are probably correct. Has anyone else ever dynoed there car with and with the intake system.
-Chris

#7 ·
also, air tempature and humidity, and even elevation will play a part in your readings, although some dynos will correct for elevation.

#8 ·
because we just got off the phone with your wife and already purchased it....
Mo... you are married? oh man bro, me and erick are going to have to take you out to a strip bar next time we all meet up. i hope your up for it, if not, we will have to car jack the GS and take you there anyways. : )

#10 ·
cturek: our runs were made on the same dyno only about 45 minutes apart. The base was done first, then the HFi was installed and runs were made.

IS300GTE: air tempature and humidity, and even elevation are mostly corrected to SAE standards. BTW I'm Married with a kid, so I'll pass besides too damn busy these days.

TicaLis300: That is a toss up question but technically by law they cannot void the warranty. Besides we have sold plenty of these upgrades starting with the GS400 and now the IS300 and have yet to have a failure.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
www.swift-racing.com
mc@swift-racing.com

#11 ·
Muhammad. Is the air filter a K&N type? If not...What is the replacement part Number? Thanks
Originally posted by Swift Racing Technologies:
cturek: our runs were made on the same dyno only about 45 minutes apart. The base was done first, then the HFi was installed and runs were made.

IS300GTE: air tempature and humidity, and even elevation are mostly corrected to SAE standards. BTW I'm Married with a kid, so I'll pass besides too damn busy these days.

TicaLis300: That is a toss up question but technically by law they cannot void the warranty. Besides we have sold plenty of these upgrades starting with the GS400 and now the IS300 and have yet to have a failure.

------------------
Silver,Graphite, Black
Fully Loaded

#14 ·
Taino/TicaLis300: It is not a K&N, it is made by AFE to our Specs and you can get it from us direct. It is a lifetime filter like the K&N and can be cleaned and reoiled, cleaning kits are also sold by us.

shadoh6: It would be a waste of money. Also remember the Blitz SUS filter actually doe not filter very well, good for race applications but not for street use.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
www.swift-racing.com
mc@swift-racing.com

#19 ·
I believe you also e-mailed me with the same questions. People please ask only at one place, wether in the forum or by e-mail, it takes too long to reply in all places with so much questions coming.

In response, you do not need to clean and reoil for about 25K miles.

Originally posted by TicaLis300:
okay... more questions..

how much is the oil?? how often do we need to clean the filter and reoil?

can you send the oil with our order??
and when should we receive our order??
is there a tracking number????

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
www.swift-racing.com
mc@swift-racing.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.