Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I put my old wheels up for sale on Ebay. Someone emailed me and wanted to look at them, so he came by.

I sold them to him for cash on the spot.

Then, I cancelled the auction with Ebay and there were already 2 bids on it.

Does ebay get pissed off about this since I cut them out of their 2.75%?

Or can these bidders now leave bad feedback on me for cancelling?

I can't find any of this stuff on ebay's help.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
No basically you just cancelled their bids and the auction. Since you're the auctioneer, you can do that without repercusion. I think you still pay the ebay listing fee though, which is minimal.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
If this is the first item you have sold, and you get some negative feedback, just create a new ebay account.

·
Registered
867 Posts
eBay won't charge you the "sales commission," but I believe they will not refund your listing fee. True, nobody can leave negative feedback for you, but you may get a nasty email from one of the bidders asking what happened.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
JT said:
eBay won't charge you the "sales commission," but I believe they will not refund your listing fee. True, nobody can leave negative feedback for you, but you may get a nasty email from one of the bidders asking what happened.
And in that case you can kindly tell them to fuck off.

99% of all ebay buyers are crazy as a shithouse rat.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I close auctions early all the time...I've had no major problem so far...I just tell the peeps that call "you snooze you lose" If they were real buyers they wouldve inquired about closing early anyhow...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I wanna set up a Sellers account cause I got tons of Computer /networking stuff to get rid of in my basement.

IS there anyway to setup ana ccount without giving all the personal info and bank info to Ebay? or is that the way shit is done now?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
I wanna set up a Sellers account cause I got tons of Computer /networking stuff to get rid of in my basement.

IS there anyway to setup ana ccount without giving all the personal info and bank info to Ebay? or is that the way shit is done now?
As far as i know thats the only way....

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The only thing Ebay will charge you is the listing fee. Nobody can leave you negative feedback because only the seller and buyer can do that. Since there was no official buyer the people who bid don't have that option.

I don't think there's a way to setup an ebay account without your name, address, and credit card #. They don't ask for SSN#.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing