Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into putting a lil beat in my car and was wondering what kind of advice you guys can offer. I'm looking for ONE SUB that will hit hard, I'm not really one for the rumbling type subs. I like the solid bass. I was wondering what kind of speaker, amp, and crossovers I should get.

I'm not going to be taking it to a shop, a friend of mine does some clean work. So I'll buy the components and he'll install them for me. Also, I'm not trying to spend more than $600 for everything.

P.S. I have a rear strut tower bar which might get in the way of some boxes. I'm looking to get this done soon, so any advice ppl can offer will be great.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Do a single L7 or IDMAX. And I'd look into an amplifier that has a built in crossover to save you money. xtant, Hifonics are great amps to look into, but some lines may require you to spend a little more.

let me know if you have any questions.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I agree with the L7 of ID Max. If doing the L7, if room allows go ported as the subs really wake up. One 8" L7 ported will give you sound like 2 10" sealed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, i think i have better of an idea of what kind of system I'm will be running. Let me know what u guys think about a 12in ID MAX in the trunk, crossovers for the highs and mids on the doors, and one for the sub. What kind of amp and crossovers do u guys recommend. I want something that has the solid LOUD bass hit, not the rumble B.S. with no vocals.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
JBAKER said:
Do a single L7 or IDMAX. And I'd look into an amplifier that has a built in crossover to save you money. xtant, Hifonics are great amps to look into, but some lines may require you to spend a little more.

Are you talking about a kicker L7?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LCA575 said:
JBAKER said:

Are you talking about a kicker L7?
I believe he is.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The Kicker L7 has only decent sound quality, but it gradually gets worse the louder it gets. I would go with the L7 if you like your system to go, "boom (which sounds like something you don't really want)."

I would go with the IDMAX. It is an excellent SQL subwoofer. It gets loud when you need it while producing sounds like accurately.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, I've been kind of leaning toward the ID MAX route. Not sure what amp I should run tho. Any suggestions?

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
You don't want to go over a 10" sub or your bass will get rumbly if you like a stout kick to the bass then go with 8" like Lisnup recommended. if you like a mix between a hard kick but still like to sport the rolling bass then get 10".

LouNeeLex said:
alright, i think i have better of an idea of what kind of system I'm will be running. Let me know what u guys think about a 12in ID MAX in the trunk, crossovers for the highs and mids on the doors, and one for the sub. What kind of amp and crossovers do u guys recommend. I want something that has the solid LOUD bass hit, not the rumble B.S. with no vocals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts