Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new to this forum and I just purchase a 08 is350 with sports package. I wanted to know what is the difference with the ml navi compare to the regular navi system?

·
Registered
163 Posts
ML stereo is miles ahead of the stock stereo (which is itself not bad at all). 14 speakers that produce rich, smooth bass with plenty of high end clarity, the ML system in my IS350 is probably the best factory system I have ever heard.....

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
ML with nav (versus nav without ML) means you get a DVD changer instead of a CD changer. So you can play DVD-A audio discs, as well as DVD movies (though only the movies when the car is in park, unless you hack the wiring or install an aftermarket part)

Obviously the overall _sound_ system is significantly different (different # of speakers in different locations, different amps, etc) but the original poster seemed to want to know the differences as they relate to nav.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The stereo is controlled with the touchscreen too ofcourse. I have the Mark Levinson and it's pretty sweet. You can turn the volume way up on the ML and it doesn't get distorted, it's got more bass because of the increased wattage, and the surround sound is nice to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts