Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i waz talkin to this guy at a performance shop, and he waz tellin me to go for a greddy exhaust, he sed it sounds like a supra, and he would sell it to me for $575 installed, is that a good deal?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
at idle it has the same TONE as the supra, but not as loud at idle...sounds great though, its def. the deepest exhaust tone (compared to hks)

but you should buy it from suprastore.com or even the .net store...

install can be done in 30 minutes if you have access to ramps , or even if you just use a jack.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Link said:
i waz talkin to this guy at a performance shop, and he waz tellin me to go for a greddy exhaust, he sed it sounds like a supra, and he would sell it to me for $575 installed, is that a good deal?

The exhaust is $450-475, so he's charging WAAAAAYYYY too much for the install. It only takes 15 minutes, so he's charging $400/hr :bitching:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
onyx_is said:
Link said:

The exhaust is $450-475, so he's charging WAAAAAYYYY too much for the install. It only takes 15 minutes, so he's charging $400/hr :bitching:
$400/hour?

Does the Evo comes with a Catback?

·
Registered
612 Posts
$400/hour?

Straight Math....

If he's charging $100 for a 15 minute job, then essentially he's charging $400/hr ... [i.e. 4 x 15 minutes in 1 hour or 4 x $100]

No matter how you put it, no one should pay $100 for an exhaust install, ESPECIALLY when he's buying it through the installer!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
evo is a nice catback.. the only other catback exhausts for the IS are the two tanabe's and i believe the apex-i n1...

but the evo specifically is a pretty nice exhaust.. deep tone, one of the quieter ones (in cabin), nice looking muffler/tip. that price you got is a bit of a rip tho...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts