Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all... while drivng on the interstate Fri. night, i hit what I thought was a plastic bag at 90mph, but at first contact it was clear it was no bag... it was a hunk o' scrap metal, and it tore a chunk out of my lower bumper, destryoing the whole thing basically... this is not a body shop fix i don't think.

i was considering getting the l-sportline fron bumper b/c I like the way it looks morethan the stock... but will it look funny (hang low) w/ out sides or a matching rear? also for anyone who's put it on, does it hold the stock fogs?

edit: i will have the stock 17's and will not be dropping the car.

tia

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
Hey y'all... while drivng on the interstate Fri. night, i hit what I thought was a plastic bag at 90mph, but at first contact it was clear it was no bag... it was a hunk o' scrap metal, and it tore a chunk out of my lower bumper, destryoing the whole thing basically... this is not a body shop fix i don't think.

i was considering getting the l-sportline fron bumper b/c I like the way it looks morethan the stock... but will it look funny (hang low) w/ out sides or a matching rear? also for anyone who's put it on, does it hold the stock fogs?

edit: i will have the stock 17's and will not be dropping the car.

tia
Hey Soy,
I have the rear, not the front. But what I've seen from fellow members. The L-Sportline front is not too much lower than a stock front bumper. Maybe 1.5" to 2.0" the most. And the front bumper fitment is way better then the L-Sportline rear . I'll try to dig up a pic, the L-Sportline front should match up pretty well to the stock side and rear. I hope this helps. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
i just sold my l-sportline front. but yes, it holds the stock fogs. it does not look out of place if the rest of the car is stock. you can always add a rear and/or skirts later. i say go for it.

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coool, thanks guys.

If you don't mind me asking, what kinda price should i expect?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I sold mine for $315 used in perfect condition. A new one you could get for around $400-450 or so I would think. If I were you I'd watch the FS forum people are always partin out body kits. thats what I did. i just bought mine one piece at a time. good luck!

·
Registered
452 Posts
My lsportline sides just came in today.
My lsportline front bumper should be coming soon, right 10secondis :wink:
I dont have the rear yet, but i'll get it sooner or later in the future.
I think car will still look even without the lsportline rear, because the lsportline rear from the a sideview, looks almost same as stock.
I'll take pics of the front and sides, when they're installed.

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
James Hong said:
but i'll get it sooner or later in the future.
I think car will still look even without the lsportline rear, because the lsportline rear from the a sideview, looks almost same as stock.
I'll take pics of the front and sides, when they're installed.
James, just so you know the L-Sportline rear's fitment is not that good at all. Just do a quick search on here and see what others have to say before you get it. Just a FYI.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
soy~
lemme know when and where you decide to buy, i am gonna start going full L-sportline, starting with grill and bumper... i've done some research but dont know who to buy from and who will ship fastest, blah blah blah...

peace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts