Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of getting a HKS carb ti exhaust.

And since my factory one is rusting to hell and back i was thinking i could get the factory one replaced with a brancd new one.

Anybody done this?

How do i go about asking the dealer.

Like do i just walk in and say "i have a problem with my exhaust! Its rusting real bad and i was wondering if i could get a new one."

i have never had to deal with a warranty thing like rust so, help me out!

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Re: Question about warranty...."Exhaust"

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Im in the process of getting a HKS carb ti exhaust.

And since my factory one is rusting to hell and back i was thinking i could get the factory one replaced with a brancd new one.

Anybody done this?

How do i go about asking the dealer.

Like do i just walk in and say "i have a problem with my exhaust! Its rusting real bad and i was wondering if i could get a new one."

i have never had to deal with a warranty thing like rust so, help me out!
I want that same exhaust :lol:

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Does it have a hole from the rust? Considering you dont see the exhaust from outside or inside the car, I dont see why they would replace it unless it was malfunctioning.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Some people say they have had exhaust replaced because of rusty tip.

I think I'd have them look at it. Then if they say it needs replaced, suggest the warranty.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well then they could just say......"ahhh well it looks okay to me"...and then be done with it....

I think i should take more of a firm hand in the conversation. Like im unsatisfied with the Tip and since imstill under warranty i would like it replaced!

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The idea was to get them to say it needs replaced first off. That puts you in a good position, once they have already committed.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
If you're taking it to Kings Auto Mall, I'll be going by there next Tuesday. That is if you want some help twisitng arms at the dealership. :lol:

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bartkat said:
If you're taking it to Kings Auto Mall, I'll be going by there next Tuesday. That is if you want some help twisitng arms at the dealership. :lol:
damn are you serious, what the hell are you going to be doing in OHIO.

Hit me up we will go down together!

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
bartkat said:
damn are you serious, what the hell are you going to be doing in OHIO.

Hit me up we will go down together!
I'm going to Cleveland. I stay over in Cinci Monday night and then the rest of the way on Tuesday. Actually I stay right down the street from the auto mall. I looked at IS300's on their lot last May, but ended up buying one in Cleveland.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Damn you're a whiney bitch. It's a car. Take care of your tip and it won't rust. If you do neutral drops and the tranny drops, should the dealer pay for a new one? No. This was your own stupidity at work. Don't try to scam the dealer into giving you a new exhaust. If the exhaust had rusted to a point that it functioned incorrectly I would say go in because that is an engineering defect, but just because a piece of chrome metal that is exposed to a road 365 days a year in variable climates begins to rust after never seeing a chrome cleaning product is no valid argument for Lexus to be responsible for the replacement of the part. I had an HKS hiper on my car for about a one and a half years. I used chrome cleaner on it once a month, no rust ever showed up.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
bartkat said:
I never saw anyone list guns in their sig before. :)
I'm an interesting man. I think I was inspired by that man that listed his dogs.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DENVER_IS300 said:
Damn you're a whiney bitch. It's a car. Take care of your tip and it won't rust. If you do neutral drops and the tranny drops, should the dealer pay for a new one? No. This was your own stupidity at work. Don't try to scam the dealer into giving you a new exhaust. If the exhaust had rusted to a point that it functioned incorrectly I would say go in because that is an engineering defect, but just because a piece of chrome metal that is exposed to a road 365 days a year in variable climates begins to rust after never seeing a chrome cleaning product is no valid argument for Lexus to be responsible for the replacement of the part. I had an HKS hiper on my car for about a one and a half years. I used chrome cleaner on it once a month, no rust ever showed up.
why do you have to come in here and be like that for?

I own a lexus and after a 2 yrs of its life NOTHING SHOULD BE RUSTING period. Thats plain and simple.
i mean there is nothing more to say to that response.

Im sorry you feel that way about my idea, but thats cool.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
blueIS said:
stainless still rusting???
who are you kidding???
have you tried cleaning the thing even?
You guys are acting like im the first to do this.

There have been many people before me have theirs replaced already for just the rust!

And no my lexus exhaust should not be rusting after a 2 yrs!

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
blueIS said:
stainless still rusting???
?
also if im not mistakin ur just a fucking dumbass for saying that^

Stainless steel is supposed to be rust free.......thats why people spend the extra money on all stainless Steel products!

Thats the reason im questioning having it replaced....you guys that are acting like idiots can suck a fat one.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
stainless steel shouldn't rust?
it can't rust.
i think you are the fucking dumbass for not maintaining the car well enough to a point its rusting.
im just curious what the fuck did you do?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I'm getting confused here.

Is it stainless still shouldn't rust?

Or is it stainless steel shouldn't rust?

Please make up your mind. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts