Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is TRD elegant kit a lip kit..?

and where can i go buy the TRD elegant kit..?

thx for your help...

·
Registered
386 Posts
i would like to know this also.. its pretty hard to find. emr made replicas but they are shut down now, your best bet is proably the for sale forum here if it exist.. but I am getting it first before you do if that happens ;) and also http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=266991

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You are going to have a very hard time getting a authentic TRD elegant lip. There was 14 sold about two months ago. I think that itself was considered a very very rare find. Those of us that got them I believe are going to be holding onto them as it is not a kit that everyone has and getting it can also be very hard. If you want a replica you may want to get the c/f one. I hear it has a great fitment but it is c/f so it can break easily.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
^^

Just like calligraham just mentioned it is a rare kit to get a hold of

So unless someone ponies up the $$ to make copies yeah not going to get one

·
Registered
399 Posts
SilentAttack said:
You are going to have a very hard time getting a authentic TRD elegant lip. There was 14 sold about two months ago. I think that itself was considered a very very rare find. Those of us that got them I believe are going to be holding onto them as it is not a kit that everyone has and getting it can also be very hard. If you want a replica you may want to get the c/f one. I hear it has a great fitment but it is c/f so it can break easily.
Yeah, like silent attack said, only about 14 were made and are now sold out. The only way to get an authentic one is to buy it off one of the .net members who have one. In terms of a cf version, I think he's referring to the replica EMR version, which is also out of production, but had a slightly different design. There's been talks of another replica, so cross your fingers.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
JDMEyeS said:
Yeah, like silent attack said, only about 14 were made and are now sold out. The only way to get an authentic one is to buy it off one of the .net members who have one. In terms of a cf version, I think he's referring to the replica EMR version, which is also out of production, but had a slightly different design. There's been talks of another replica, so cross your fingers.
I was thinking about the EMR lip but did not know they were out of production. That makes them super rare. I wonder how many "authentic" lips were made in total. Also I wonder what 14 .net members got the real deal two months ago when they were up for sale. I have only seen a few of them.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
SilentAttack said:
I was thinking about the EMR lip but did not know they were out of production. That makes them super rare. I wonder how many "authentic" lips were made in total. Also I wonder what 14 .net members got the real deal two months ago when they were up for sale. I have only seen a few of them.

Yes Steve went back to school and EMR died

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for the answer guyz...
and it sounds like "BIg OUCH" for me... =(

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Yes Steve went back to school and EMR died
Wow how depressing for some .netters looking for the EMR Lip. :lol:

kyo87 said:
is it hard to find EMR kit??
I would say the TRD Elegant EMR Lip is extremely hard to find. If you really really want one get one from Japan imported then do all the cutting and molding to make it fit the US bumper or you may be able to get a Altezza bumper and just slap it on that (with no crash bar) Correct me if I am wrong though.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
silentattack said:
I would say the TRD Elegant EMR Lip is extremely hard to find. If you really really want one get one from Japan imported then do all the cutting and molding to make it fit the US bumper or you may be able to get a Altezza bumper and just slap it on that (with no crash bar) Correct me if I am wrong though.

Pointless to get the whole Altezza bumper

Get the lip

I sourced them out of AU (not cheap) and then have it extended

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
koyo87 and those that may not know exactly what the TRD Elegant lip looks like check out this picture of my car, I have a genuine TRD Elegant Lip.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I am one of the lucky 14. Good luck trying to get one of us to sell ours.
Gonna suck if I kill it - not really replaceable.

Entropy

Reactions: SilentAttack

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What color is your car and where are you located i might be putting my EMR lip up for sale soon it's brand new never been installed never got around to it. And don't want to anymore... It's painted DWP... I'm only going to try to sell it localy for now. I'm in San Diego. Drop me a pm, same goes for the rest of you locals.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i'm also one of the lucky 14... who sold it for a good cause to another .netter in the process of making a mold of it

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
SoCAlISLex said:
What color is your car and where are you located i might be putting my EMR lip up for sale soon it's brand new never been installed never got around to it. And don't want to anymore... It's painted DWP... I'm only going to try to sell it localy for now. I'm in San Diego. Drop me a pm, same goes for the rest of you locals.
Sent you a PM

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i saw pictures of KOFFEE-BLACK's car.. and i got interested in TRD Elegant lip... gosh.. i want that ish~!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts