Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering.. how do they tint the back window with all the wires and crap on it?

also.. wen tinting windows.. does it ruin the warranty of the car?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
they tint the back just like they tint all the other windows

and no, it does not void the warranty. tint is aesthetic.

·
Registered
161 Posts
they tint the back just like they tint all the other windows

and no, it does not void the warranty. tint is aesthetic.
Yes to BBAtl6, and assuming it's done properly, the tint can be just as easily removed as it was applied.

I did have an issue with my SolarGard tint twice, however. I still have no idea why this happens, but for some reason, when light comes through my back window (most noticeable at night with headlights), it blurs the light and I can hardly see out the back window (Daytime shot: http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2083/img0771lm7.jpg Just magnify that problem 20x for night)

I had the tint shop remove it under warranty and relay the film, but strangely enough, it happened again. I still have no clue why, but I've just sucked it up and gotten used to it for now. I'm not too sure why I don't read about this problem either...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey guys i had question? I was lookin at the interior part of my tinted windows of my car... Its 5% tint, and its 3M tint, but i've noticed if i shine a light on it and lok at it them from an angle i see rainbow colored spots, i dunno wht this is, its hard to notice but its there! I only used windex that contained ammonia in it once but a while ago, so i dunno wht this is! any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Hey guys i had question? I was lookin at the interior part of my tinted windows of my car... Its 5% tint, and its 3M tint, but i've noticed if i shine a light on it and lok at it them from an angle i see rainbow colored spots, i dunno wht this is, its hard to notice but its there! I only used windex that contained ammonia in it once but a while ago, so i dunno wht this is! any ideas?:confused:
you arent supposed to clean tint film with windex. just clean it with a soft soap (baby soap) and water mixture

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Yes to BBAtl6, and assuming it's done properly, the tint can be just as easily removed as it was applied.

I did have an issue with my SolarGard tint twice, however. I still have no idea why this happens, but for some reason, when light comes through my back window (most noticeable at night with headlights), it blurs the light and I can hardly see out the back window (Daytime shot: http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2083/img0771lm7.jpg Just magnify that problem 20x for night)

I had the tint shop remove it under warranty and relay the film, but strangely enough, it happened again. I still have no clue why, but I've just sucked it up and gotten used to it for now. I'm not too sure why I don't read about this problem either...

you should try a different brand film like Suntek or 3M. To my knowledge, those are two of the best brands out there.

and was that picture taken in the dunwoody area? it looks familiar

·
Registered
161 Posts
you should try a different brand film like Suntek or 3M. To my knowledge, those are two of the best brands out there.

and was that picture taken in the dunwoody area? it looks familiar
I think when I run across some excess cash one day, I might have the back window retinted. The picture's actually taken right near Briarcliff and North Druid Hills inside the perimeter, very close to where I live.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Stoners Invisible glass is a great window cleaner as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts