Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by GOTTURBO:
Anyone been to any shops in the socal area that are really good?.......thanks
O.k. help is here, I have a friend who ons his own tint business. "Quality Auto Glass"..And I am not saying this because I know the guy, if you want the BEST and I mean the best tint job money can buy, call him. The price is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. He is Mobile which is an added convenience. He always is on call from all the top tire shops around for the 100k Mercedes and various expensive cars that just spent 5k or more on wheels. He just did Wayne Gretsky's car the other day. He is doing my IS this Sat at 7am the whole car PLUS the enitre windshield. Real good work, but don't freak out when he takes your rear deck apart and door panels off to get the tint perfect.
Let me know if you guys want to call him, I will give you his numbers, let me know who you guys are as well, so I can tell him that I referred you.

·
Registered
292 Posts
mrclam-
hey u are at torrance... you know anything about this shop called "Five Star Window Tint". It is located on PCH at Hawthorne blvd. in Torrance, CA. some people told me they do really good job.
are you going there to get a tint?
let me know

·
Registered
292 Posts
saw this shop on ad... anyone been there before? hows the shop tint job?

The TINT Shop
626-282-8468
9558 Valley Blvd.
Rosemead, CA

or any other recomm. tint shop?

thank you

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Can someone give me reasons as to why they like tinted windows? No one can see you then ... (or is that the point?)
Eric...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Although "the best" window tinters may want to take off back window shelves and door panels to do their job, it's not a good idea.
Your windows may wind up looking wonderful, but your beautiful new car will emerge from the process with a whole slew of squeaks and pops you never had before.
Don't ever let a tinter take your car apart!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Leader:
Although "the best" window tinters may want to take off back window shelves and door panels to do their job, it's not a good idea.
Your windows may wind up looking wonderful, but your beautiful new car will emerge from the process with a whole slew of squeaks and
pops you never had before.
Don't ever let a tinter take your car apart!
Hey Leader, have you seen how much room we actually have to tint the rear window? There is NO room to get all the tooling etc back there for a clean, no bubble job. I agree with you somehat about not letting anyone take your car apart because of all the squeaks and rattles, but let me tell you all it was to taking my IS apart was a few pop tabs and a few screws, that was it. You would think that the IS would be better built than this. Hell the Mercedes has 16 screws just to get the door panels off!1 Our I think only had a few and pop tabs for the rest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by IS3:
saw this shop on ad... anyone been there before? hows the shop tint job?

The TINT Shop
626-282-8468
9558 Valley Blvd.
Rosemead, CA

or any other recomm. tint shop?

No No No, DO NOT go here !!! All hype, leave your car and make sure you take everything out ! I have had friends use them, bad sloppy jobs. We call them the homeboy tint shop....You get what you pay for.

thank you

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i'd like info on tinting

Here is the info for anyone that wants to give "Quality Auto Glass" "Our name says it, our quality proves it." a call.
Contact Carlos Cordova @ 714 624 TINT
he just finished my IS this past weekend, he came to my house at 7am and tinted it in my own garage, Yes he took the panels apart and the rear deck...but let me tell you What a great job he did.
The car came out real nice. With the black interior on my car, the windows look even darker. The tint is all metal (custom) 18% darkness and he did the front windhield too. The front windshield and back are done in ONE piece. Here's the info if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
594 Posts
hey RC51,
Can you explain the purpose of tinting the front windshield? How dark did you get that done? How does it look from the inside and outside? Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by ISx300:
hey RC51,
Can you explain the purpose of tinting the front windshield? How dark did you get that done? How does it look from the inside and outside? Thanks
Well when you have an all black interior it really helps with keeping the car cool in the hot summer. It cuts down on the overall glare of the sun and just makes the car feel complete. It really helps. When you only do all the side windows and not the front windshield, all the light is blocked from those areas, the light shines through the windshield it makes the light shining through the winshield brighter. Tinting the front windshield is highly illegal in CA and not many shops do it or actually talk about it. They usually charge $100-$150 just to do the front. It has to be perfect to seem undetectable. The only thing is it might affect the options of the suot-on lights, (I don't use that option anyway) and the outside temp reading, might read a little cooler than normal, so what? Hot is hot and cold is cold

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Back From The Dead

Need a good tint shop... getting 35% all around, Intensa Blue Pearl with Ivory interior... Any recommendations on type of tint and shops either around the Ventura County area or the Northridge area would be appreciated, if possible, pics and price paid... TIA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DonCorleone on 2002-02-16 20:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2002-02-16 20:52, DonCorleone wrote:
Back From The Dead

Need a good tint shop... getting 35% all around, Intensa Blue Pearl with Ivory interior... Any recommendations on type of tint and shops either around the Ventura County area or the Northridge area would be appreciated, if possible, pics and price paid... TIA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DonCorleone on 2002-02-16 20:53 ]</font>
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

In Northrige a lot of poeple I know have gone to Blackout tinting, but I have yet to do my windows.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
my original place was Final Shade in Oxnard... Last year when I had my 2001 SBM my dealership told me they use that place for all of their cars... I went there yesterday and it seems different... they quoted me $160 for my IS300 and $190 for my sisters C230 Coupe... i dont know what kind of tint they use but they have 5 year warranty...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts