Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this question has been asked a million times but im new to the forum so i can get away with it :cool: anyways how many timing belts does the IS300 have its nearing my 90k mark and Im going to go ahead an replace the timing belt and water pump. And if anyone knows what the timing specifications are that would also be a big help too. thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It has only one timing belt. =]

As for the timing specifications. Can you be more specific on what you are asking. The procedure for changing the timing belt is a little more involved because of the VVT-i. I would recommend checking out a service manual for the procedure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just line up the marks on the top of both camgears, with the marks on the plate behind the cam gears. And line up the mark on the crank with the mark on the block, the 2JZ-GTE is one of the easiest timing belts to replace, the marks are very noticeable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The belt should be very simple to replace due to the RWD layout of the engine. Once the Radiator and fan shroud is removed, there should be tons of room to work on it. The timing marks should be obvious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts