Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys for the past 6 months I have had a lag between 1st and 2nd gear and I have taken it to the dealership to get it checked out and all they did was reset the ECU. Well after a month I noticed it again, so I was wondering if u guys with these new sihft kits that had this problem are satisfied and has it elminated the problem??? If not I guess I am going to take it in since its under warranty. Just dont want the dealer to keep beating around the bush. Oh btw I have a 01 IS300.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
how big of a lag are u talking about??

since the 1-2 shift isn't really "mechanical"....it's the computer's problem. I don't know if the ESK modified that. I have both the Teck Kit and ESK and i don't really feel a big lag between 1 and 2.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lilaznboi said:
how big of a lag are u talking about??

since the 1-2 shift isn't really "mechanical"....it's the computer's problem. I don't know if the ESK modified that. I have both the Teck Kit and ESK and i don't really feel a big lag between 1 and 2.
well it doesnt lag everytime, but when it does its a pretty long lag in between. My dad said its probably the tranny, but I dont even want to think that. I know a bunch of people had the "lag" problem, so I was wondering what I should do.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I too have the esk and gk and can duplicate the lag with these mods, with the esk turned off obviously.

I noticed after I reset the ECU, if I drive normally or conservatively, after 500 miles, if I floor it 3/4th of the way, 1-2 lags pretty consistently. Which is the state my car is in now.

Now, if I drive like a maniac and floor it when I get the chance for 500 mi. after I reset the ECU, the car shifts firmly and smoothly after 500 mi., no matter how little/much I step on the gas. I'm going to reset the ECU some time this week and drive like mad while the weather is still nice.

Although this is time consuming and not really suitable for everyday driving, give it a shot.

-crontab -l

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
believe it or not changing the fluid in the tranny regularly makes a large difference. Also the esk is going to help especially up to the 300hp range. The 1-2 shift is never going to feel "right" but it can feel much better.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IS_Dude said:
believe it or not changing the fluid in the tranny regularly makes a large difference. Also the esk is going to help especially up to the 300hp range. The 1-2 shift is never going to feel "right" but it can feel much better.
yeah my 60K is coming up and I have to change the tranny fluid, but would the ESK help at all????

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
JoSchmo_IS300 said:
IS_Dude said:
yeah my 60K is coming up and I have to change the tranny fluid, but would the ESK help at all????
Yes it will help. I would make getting the tranny fluid changed the top priority and get the esk after that. Just so you can feel all of the improvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts