Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey TEG......how can i get to the 3rd brake harness?
"i know TEG has the correct answer but i believe that to get to the harness you have to go through the trunk. it should be between the speakers in the trunk. just turn the bulb harness and let it hang with the bulb still atatched so the warning light doesnt go on. HEY , youll get more light in the trunk anyway. you could also tape it down or somthing so it doesnt brake (no pun intended) on you"

thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by GOTTURBO:
hey TEG......how can i get to the 3rd brake harness?
"i know TEG has the correct answer but i believe that to get to the harness you have to go through the trunk. it should be between the speakers in the trunk. just turn the bulb harness and let it hang with the bulb still atatched so the warning light doesnt go on. HEY , youll get more light in the trunk anyway. you could also tape it down or somthing so it doesnt brake (no pun intended) on you"

thanks

i took a look yesterday and there is that carpeted backing board surround the whole truck. Somehow you have to pop the board off to get to the light. it should not be that difficult to get to a light these days...they bury these things so bad...

i might try it this weekend. if you dont get it by then ill post how to exactly get to it

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I haven't messed with my brake wiring, so I don't know.

I have heard that some people who put on a wing 3rd brake light have had a dashboard warning light come on. I guess one of the ECUs monitors to the current going to the brake lights to detect burnt out bulbs or short circuits. If you change the wiring it might trigger the warning.

There is a tool you can buy to remove the black plastic fasteners that hold all of those gray panels in the trunk. The middle piece of each fastener "pops up" and then they can be removed easily.

·
Registered
113 Posts
GOTTURBO, like I said earlier you can't get to the bulb through the trunk. Yes you have to go through the rear section of the car to get to it. Real time consuming just to get it. Read my post under the 'spoiler mod' in the Interior Exterior' section where you post pics of your IS Spoiler. If you need advice on how to take apart the rear of the car let me know. And get the tool that TEG recommended to avoid breaking any fastners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts