Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit the curb and knocked the alignment out. Would lexus fix this for free? If they don't, do you know how much they usually charge? I scratched up the rims also. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
How are you gonna explain the damage rim to them? And if something bend, such as control arm, tie rod end or knuckle, I don't think they're gonna cover this under warranty.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
nope, damage wont be covered under warranty. But the fact that he curbed his rim, doesnt mean they wont honor the one free alignment.

Thats stated on their website and in the service manual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yup HoustonLex is absolutly right. I work for Lexus and he hit it right on the nose. If anyone needs any help with any warrenty questions, service question or just regular dealer questions I'll be happy to answer any. Also, make sure you all keep your eyes open for Campains that Lexus runs for all sorts of small little defects in Lexus's. Campains are like recalls, but recalls are when they reach the federal government and campains are internal. Just my $.02
Lata,
Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
A four wheel alignment usually takes about one hour to an hour and a half. Depending on what time of day you are there, how good the technician is, and how busy they are. I would Definitelly call and make an apointment, they will give you a loaner car for this type of service.
Lata, good luck,
Nick

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
VVT-i said:
How are you gonna explain the damage rim to them? And if something bend, such as control arm, tie rod end or knuckle, I don't think they're gonna cover this under warranty.
nope, but if none of the suspension is damaged, then the alignment should fix it.

I sorta hit a curb and had to replace a good part of the left rear suspension, replace 3 wheels, and a tire, and have some minor paint work on the front and rear bumpers and the side underbody panels and it was almost $4500!!! Plus today is 4 weeks that my car has been there :pissed:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think my car is damaged that bad. The rim is not even warped. I know this because when i drive it, the steering wheel does not shake. It is only off. The rims got some scuffles on it, but nothing serious i hope. Im going to ask the dealer to check if there is anything bent or if the rim is warped. Plus my dad is a mechanic so I have all the help I need from him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
IS300_on_twankies
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing