Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sensor lit up on my dash it's a pic of the car w/ lines coming out the back of the car. Has anybody seen this before i looked at my taillights and everything seems fine.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
:lol: I was thinking the same thing the first time I took a corner quickly. To solve problem, push "TRAC OFF" button :lol:

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
since you have a 5spd, Ill tell you a trick... i you just let up off the gas for a brief second and get back on the trottle, it resets trac, and your back in business.... doesnt work with the eshifts for some reason

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
i believe you are

i believe you are refering to the taillight indicator. Check you 3rd brake lights, or it could even be all the brake lights. But i know it's refers to the rear lights, either parking or braking. Mine is doing the same, but havent had the time to check it out, although i do know all of my parking lights are working, so the only possibilty is the brake.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
im

im pretty sure it's the rear light default. I think he is refering to the one that is in the Tachometer. Has a car with straight lines in the back.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
HoustonLex said:
since you have a 5spd, Ill tell you a trick... i you just let up off the gas for a brief second and get back on the trottle, it resets trac, and your back in business.... doesnt work with the eshifts for some reason
I have an E-shift, and use that feature all the time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the prompt replies

I road w/ my friend too work today, but I'm almost positive that there straight lines coming from the back of the vehicle it's really odd. I would look in my manual but i can't find it anywhere. I'll try the trac button when i get home today though and then tell ya'll if that was it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
bruins02 said:
A sensor lit up on my dash it's a pic of the car w/ lines coming out the back of the car. Has anybody seen this before i looked at my taillights and everything seems fine.
It's your brake lights / Tail lights. Make sure the bulb is not out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah it's not the trac button.It's definatley one of my tail light i think i have a short i checked the bulbs and they were all good.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
It's not a "sensor," a sensor is something that senses. :roll:

The lights on your display board are INDICATORS.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I checked the manual.

If the warning light comes on when you have your light switch on, it's a tail light bulb.

If the warning comes on when you push the brake pedal, it's a brake light bulb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts