Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all you engine guys...

I have a buddy who is very interested in buying a SC300 with the purpose of installing the supra turbo motor.

What all does this swap require? What will fit with out a hitch, what will require modification or fabrication.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
what is the intelligence level of this buddy

is it the buddy i have met? if so, he couldn't do it

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
does he have chinese fingers?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the most difficult part is going to be getting everything positioned, wiring and fabricating piping and such, because no one makes swap downpipes and intercooler pipes

he'll also have to probably get a tach adapater, as the sc motor is distributor driven, and the GTE is DIS.

i'm sure there will be other small bs issues, maybe oil pan location, custom things like coolant lines ...

maybe motorheaddown will reply to this, he's quite intelligent and owns a turbo SC, i'll pm him

-gte

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IS300GTE said:
the most difficult part is going to be getting everything positioned, wiring and fabricating piping and such, because no one makes swap downpipes and intercooler pipes

he'll also have to probably get a tach adapater, as the sc motor is distributor driven, and the GTE is DIS.

i'm sure there will be other small bs issues, maybe oil pan location, custom things like coolant lines ...

maybe motorheaddown will reply to this, he's quite intelligent and owns a turbo SC, i'll pm him

-gte
Thanks GTE :wink: I owe you....

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
i know

when are you taking me out for a night on the town?

is300hottie said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IS300GTE said:
i know

when are you taking me out for a night on the town?

is300hottie said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte
Pick a night.....
are we talking about a football night out....or a stripper night out?
8)

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
hey hey, don't leave out the asian focker. Strippers wear nice shoes.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Posted for motorheaddown

I tried posting on that thread, but I got "Invalid_session". WTF?

Anyway, I'm not as much help as you think. NA-T conversions are my forte not GTE swaps. Here's what I wanted to post:

Unfortunately, my expertise is complete NA-T and driveline conversions for the sc300. However, if you do a search on "gte and swap" on clublexus.com in the sc300/400 FI, engine and tranny forum, you'll get 3 pages of info. A bunch of guys have done the swap. Phil Aldridge, a CL forum member, sells a manual just for the GTE conversion. It comes highly recommended.

Once you get the motor in, I can help with the wiring. I basically had to learn everything there is to learn about the GTE motor when running the AEM 30-1100 (Supra).

-scott

·
Registered
126 Posts
is300hottie said:
Question for all you engine guys...

I have a buddy who is very interested in buying a SC300 with the purpose of installing the supra turbo motor.

What all does this swap require? What will fit with out a hitch, what will require modification or fabrication.
Depends if its a 5-speed or auto. The 5-speed would be easier as the motor will pretty much jus drop in. But if you would like more info check out Phil. He was one of the first to document the swap and also sells a manual to do the 2jzgte swap.

http://www.fly-hawaii.com/lexustt/previewManual.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
IS300GTE said:

-gte
I have a Supra TT downpipe on mine. Nothing special. I'm not sure on the stock side mount IC pipping though since I have the greddy fmic.

Getting the Wiring done is the biggest part of the swap. From what i can tell/see everything drops in fine, I don't have any issues with the oil pan clearance, etc..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.