Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, everyone I know you all are going to say not another topic on this. I did look around and every detector question has to do with the V1 well I am in the market to buy a new radar detector and I do not want to get the V1. I have been researching and researching and I can not come up with a clear winner and the two I am looking at are the passport 8500 and the bel 985. So far the edge looks like the 8500 but no clear winner. I really need some input if you guys can please help me out that would be great on which to buy the passport 8500 or the bel 985.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

·
8,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I once picked up a signal from an oncoming Ohio trooper running X band from 10 miles away with my old Passport.

·
8,880 Posts
bartkat said:
I once picked up a signal from an oncoming Ohio trooper running X band from 10 miles away with my old Passport.
Old detectors had better X band range than the new ones.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Yeah, apparently he was at the top of a long hill and I was at the top of the next hill. I checked the mileage and I had traveled 5 miles when I met the trooper car. I think this may have even been before the other bands even came out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts