480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 100 miles ago my Maintenance Required light
came on blinking three times when i start the ignition

today the light stays on when i'm driving
i'm pretty sure i have to get my oil changed
but is there anything else wrong?
and my car is almost at 39,200 miles
should i go get my 40,000 mile check up at the dealership?
i'm wondering if anyone knows how much it's gonna cost for the 40k check up
i know theres gonna be oil change, air filter change, brakepads, etc

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My maintenance light has never come on so i cant help u there but i did have the 30,000 service done when i first bought the car...

If i remember correctly that ran me damn near 500 bucks with tax(!) I'm pretty sure your bill will be less than that though since the 40,000 service is just a routine oil change i believe...
The dealer is always a total ripoff though, and if you can find a reliable and trustworthy(LOL) mechanic/service center that would save you a lot of money...
I myself am (over)due for the 45,000 mile service and was kind of tempted to go to the dealer, but most of what they do is BS and waste of time and money if someone doesn't abuse their car and is slightly knowledgeable in maintenance themselves. I'll save the 500 bucks and change my own damn oil.

If I were you I would just change the oil, oil filter, and air filter on my own and then take a look at the brake pads as well...all of this is fairly simple to do alone even if you have no prior experience...if the pads look worn just order a pair online and put them in yourself which i was able to do on my own as well...just the oil filter always gives me a hard time due to the angle that its in...and remeber there are some really good detailed threads on DIY maintenance on this forum if you get stuck...
Excuse my blabbing an G/L! :peace:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts