Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do both options have Escaine only on the doors??? I was told that even the Leather/Leather package for 2003 has the suede all over the doors and it looks exactly the same as the LEather/Escaine package, on the doors, that is...

is this true??? If it is, then I might as well get the leather/escaine, since it's more readily available...

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Cleo said:
Do both options have Escaine only on the doors??? I was told that even the Leather/Leather package for 2003 has the suede all over the doors and it looks exactly the same as the LEather/Escaine package, on the doors, that is...

is this true??? If it is, then I might as well get the leather/escaine, since it's more readily available...

Hello Cleo, :lol:

The leather/leather (Leather Trim Value Package) is $300 more than the leather/escaine (Leather/Ecsaine Value Package). However, for the leather/leather, the seats are all leather. Whereas for the leather/escaine, the seats are not 100% leather.

I think the Leather Trim Value Package looks more nice. But that's just my opinion. :crazy:

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
MY IS300 said:
Cleo said:

Hello Cleo, :lol:

The leather/leather (Leather Trim Value Package) is $300 more than the leather/escaine (Leather/Ecsaine Value Package). However, for the leather/leather, the seats are all leather. Whereas for the leather/escaine, the seats are not 100% leather.

I think the Leather Trim Value Package looks more nice. But that's just my opinion. :crazy:

Good luck! :)
I don't think leather/leather is all 100% leather, only the seating surface is leather but yes i do believe leather trim value package is a better deal, $300 more and you get LEATHER seats , where ecscaine is fake suede. for me it is sort of ridiculous to pay that much for fake leather seats. But ecsaine seems more durable if that counts. Grip wise , they are about the same since seats are really tight.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think it's spelled Ecsaine. EK-sAne. And many people get it because it seems to grip better in the corners and doesn't feel so hot when the car is baking in the (desert) sun. When I got my car, back in February, the full leather w/NAV manual model was $38,500, which was too close to BMW330i territory for me to venture. Back then they weren't dealing either, otherwise I might have thought about it twice!

-Matt

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
westside IS said:
Yes the leather/leather combo has suede or escaine on the doors. Its not perforated like the seats.
thanks for your answer...i'm not sure what the other responses were about...those didn't answer my question...i thought my question was pretty clear... :roll: :D
and yes, you're right matt, it is ecsaine...my bad

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
2JZ-GTE-Boostin said:
If you like cornering and sticking to the seats get the ecsaine, never rode in an IS with leather seats but my ES seats were very slick.

i have full leather seats in my IS and i don't slide everywhere when i corner....thats the beauty of the seat design....you stay pretty much in one place....

my sister has the ES with all leather and yea, i slide everywhere on those seats, but of course its an ES... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
1NewLexIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing